Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

Khan's view has credibility because he actually has a knowledge and love of his country, just as would a white man who had lived there or had an emotional connection to it. But invariably when we see objections from people to aid being sent to Pakistan it's because they're haters, with a miserly self interest.

So a white person who lives here and 'actually has a knowledge and love of his country' isn't allowed to speak in similar terms?

Go on, then. Go off on numerous tangents, muddy the waters with mentions of Griffin, Daily Mail etc., but it's still astonishing double standards of how you (and others on here) use a so-called 'public forum' to close down debates.

So a white person who lives here and 'actually has a knowledge and love of his country' isn't allowed to speak in similar terms?

Go on, then. Go off on numerous tangents, muddy the waters with mentions of Griffin, Daily Mail etc., but it's still astonishing double standards of how you (and others on here) use a so-called 'public forum' to close down debates.

Did you read my post at all, or weren't you compelled by the detail?

I only mentioned 'white' because the poster I responded to had-

Of course, but it's a shame that some people will only listen to that sort of concern if it comes from somebody like Khan, and just cry 'bigot' if it's
raised by a white man.

I made no reference to whites who live here or indeed Pakistanis who live here.

Presumably the irony of highlighting going off at 'numerous tangents' has escaped you, since this is precisely what you're doing. My post which you quoted was responding directly to that of another user, the colour issue wasn't one that I'd raised.

Nonetheless I would far more trust the judgement of Pakistanis who live in Pakistan and/or whites who live there, than whites or Pakistanis who don't-in your haste to deride my post you perhaps missed that most obvious point.

This post is about:- Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

Because of the corruption and the corrupt taking the aid money if Imran Khans stand makes us wake up to the fact that the bulk of our overseas aid around the globe serves only to line the pockets of corrupt governments we will owe him a great debt.

Overseas aid does not return value for money, just like Pakistan most countries will be no better off despite the aid given the previous year.

No doubt the corrupt leaders already have a shopping list for their own personal betterment when the years foriegn aid is due.

Stop bickering and rejoice that someone else has now stated what we enlightened people already know.

Exactly, this forum is:- Imran Khan says stop UK Aid to Pakistan

Archived