DJ in a marquee/tipi tent/

Hi,

I just wondered if any of the DJ's on here have DJ'd in a marquee/tipi tent before? We're looking to have this as our wedding reception, and need some advice on generators. Would the DJ be able to organise this if we paid for it, or would we need to sort it all out?

Thanks for your help!

Claire

They're not difficult to source, but I'd imagine you'd need one of the ultra silent models. They cost a little more. I'd imagine that you'll find it cheaper to get one yourself, rather than your DJ get one, as you'll shop around more.

That said, the marquee people often have them, and can do you a deal.

Hi,

I just wondered if any of the DJ's on here have DJ'd in a marquee/tipi tent before? We're looking to have this as our wedding reception, and need some advice on generators. Would the DJ be able to organise this if we paid for it, or would we need to sort it all out?

Thanks for your help!

Claire

The best place to start is a plant hire company not many D.Js will have generators or experience of using them.The last marquee i did was at Elkersly on the A1 they provided power but terrible wet weather caused major problems.

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Claire

we have dj,d in many marquees before & done many outdoor events but the problem with using generators is you get power surges which can damage equipment.

so you need to use a reputable plant hire company that have experiance of dj equipment..

The size of the generator you require will depend on the DJ you choose and the amount of equipment he uses and therefore power he needs.

A lot of DJ kit uses a hell of a lot of current, especially amplifiers and high powered lighting.

If your DJ is running a decent rig and a big sound system (like he should be for an outdoor gig) then you'll be looking at needing a 16kva generator.

16kva will provide you with a 38amp loading capacity at 240v which should be enough for most rigs with a little overhead to be safe.

Ideally you want a Fully regulated diesel fuelled 16kva Generator and it MUST have automatic voltage regulating or your DJ's gear is going to blow up/stop working/keep resetting.

Also don't forget, if the DJ is going to be sharing the generator with other suppliers like a bar/kitchen etc then you will need a much bigger one that takes into account the extra power required.

Archived