Atheist,agnostic,creationist, or something else ?

As a raw statement it's probably true. Advances in science have made possible all manner of destruction and disaster, from arson to the nuclear bomb.

If you're happy to ignore everything good that was ever developed from science, you might even conclude that science is inherently harmful; but that would be very, very silly indeed.

I'd like to counter that with all the wars, crusades, and jihads carried out by all different faiths throughought history, the persecution of scholars, academics, women, and homosexuals not to mention the covering up of child abuse carried out by organised religion and you think scientists are the bad ones?

I wouldn't brag about being an atheist

That's not what the poster you quoted claimed to be.

If you can do better than the Golden Rule which includes all flavours of opinion including Christianity let me know.

Google "The Iron Rule vs Golden rule".

Scientists have done more harm than anyone in my opinion.

Penicillin, vaccinations, sanitation, mosquito control, clean water... I think that science and it's offshoots win comfortably on the good/bad scale.

Compare that to the Inquisition, Crusades... well I could go on but it would be embarrassing.

The Iron Rule is satanic like Joseph Stalin who ruled with an iron fist.

God uses the rule of love, hence the Golden Rule.

...apart from when he ruled by threats, intimidation, terrorism and massacres.

I think that's already been done to death on enough threads though.

Archived