Whats the lowest you'll take??

Alright mate, will you take a tenner?

Why yes, thank you. Although I don't know you and you are not my "mate" I WILL take a tenner and very generous it is of you to offer. However I will not accept it in exchange for the goods which I priced at £20 as a cunningly subtle clue as to the sum required.

Love this! I've copied and pasted this to use when I get silly offers like this on ebay! :D

Having recently been on a contract negotiating course (its about the same sort of thing) your response should be something along the lines of "make me your best offer".

If someone is asking your best price its the start of the negotiation process, in this case just tell the its the price offered and see what they come back with.

"Your" valuation may not be deemed reasonable by the buyer.

I recently made an offer on a Landrover @ £800 less than the ebay price. I was the only bidder and it didn't reach reserve. Amazingly he contacted me and sold it to me @ £700 less than he had advertised it for.

I hate it when I put an auction item on Ebay and some prat messages and says "have you got a buy it now price?" IF I HAD A FLAMIN B.I.N PRICE IT WOULD SAY SO!! they are people who can't be bothered waiting for the auction to end and just want to jump the queue. :rant::rant::rant:

I feel better now.:):)

I hate it when I put an auction item on Ebay and some prat messages and says "have you got a buy it now price?" IF I HAD A FLAMIN B.I.N PRICE IT WOULD SAY SO!! they are people who can't be bothered waiting for the auction to end and just want to jump the queue. :rant::rant::rant:

I have to admit i only ever ask if i'm the only bidder and reserve hasn't been met. I almost always bid the max i want to pay from day one.

A lot of sellers DO have a BIN price in mind (or at least an idea of what they want for it) but still start it at 99p, to be able to list it for free. BIN prices and reserves are expensive to list. You can't state a BIN price in the listing and not actually have one on, or eBay will remove it. You also can't say open to offers, without having an official 'best offer' price... Thats eBays way of making sure they grab the fees!

is anyone else irritated by people asking 'whats your lowest price' whats the lowest you'll take' even before they have seen the item ?????? annoys the life out of me. make the effort to look and enquire then start to haggle, i delete most messages that ask me straight away, .... rant over

When asked, what's the lowest I'd take, I usually reply with what's the most you'll offer.

is anyone else irritated by people asking 'whats your lowest price' whats the lowest you'll take' even before they have seen the item ?????? annoys the life out of me. make the effort to look and enquire then start to haggle, i delete most messages that ask me straight away, .... rant over

whats the lowest you'll take is very annoying. hmm let me see how about the price I asked for-that isn't even haggling its an attempt to miss out the haggle and get it cheaper er no!

I put something on freecycle today and someone wanted me to deliver:loopy:

Archived