Police helpfullness in ingoldmells

i was in ingoldmells last week staying in a caravan near fantasy island. i was with my 1 year old grandson and my husband.one evening we set off to meet some family that were at butlins wen it started to pour wiv rain,we tried to get a taxi no joy. saw 2 x police cars parked up so asked if they knew if buses were running down 2 butlins and was greeted off a very rude policelady with 'wot do u think we r sum kind of tourist information centre o wot'

even a gent on a disabled scooter stopped and couldnt beleive the rudeness many years ago wen i was young parents always sed if u need help of any kind ask a police officer

Perhaps with the attitude of these 2 officers its no wonder the younger generation have no respect for the law... no respect given! I to be honest think its shamefull that an officer could speak to anyone like that, a simple no try tourist info would have been more apt!

Compare and contrast that to the bobby that I accosted in the services on the A1 going north after the boards were lit. Although he was either just starting, or finishing a coffe break he didn't know what the deal was - so he got on the radio, asked his control what the deal was and found out where the road was shut and saved me a long diversion and delay. top marks, and welcome. That's what a bobby should do - as for these two I'd write a letter to whomever is the local inspector or just to the chief constable expressing your disappointment and asking if he could issue general advice.

i was in ingoldmells last week staying in a caravan near fantasy island. i was with my 1 year old grandson and my husband.one evening we set off to meet some family that were at butlins wen it started to pour wiv rain,we tried to get a taxi no joy. saw 2 x police cars parked up so asked if they knew if buses were running down 2 butlins and was greeted off a very rude policelady with 'wot do u think we r sum kind of tourist information centre o wot'

even a gent on a disabled scooter stopped and couldnt beleive the rudeness many years ago wen i was young parents always sed if u need help of any kind ask a police officer

What's the point in posting this? Especially as it hasn't anything to do with SYP at all? Do you post of SF every time some answers you in a way that you perceive to be rude. Yes if that is EXACTLY what happened then they shouldn't have acted like that but not sure it's worth spending your time on here.

All you police bashers should set up your own little forum and you could all then put your experiences on there, sounds right good fun...

Their attitude is no suprise to me.

Why doesn't it surprise you?

Believe it or not police officers are human beings. I'm not condoning the officers behaviour if it was as reported but none of you know what may have happened during that offers shift. They see things first hand that the vast majority of you never will, of course the OP didn't deserve that reply but posting coward snide remarks like yours is just unnecessary.

I invite all you police bashers to read the post and maybe next time think about more..

http://minimumcover.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/and-then-there-was-silence/

What's the point in posting this? Especially as it hasn't anything to do with SYP at all? Do you post of SF every time some answers you in a way that you perceive to be rude. Yes if that is EXACTLY what happened then they shouldn't have acted like that but not sure it's worth spending your time on here.

All you police bashers should set up your own little forum and you could all then put your experiences on there, sounds right good fun...

an online community can't express what has happened to them else where?

there are different forums here, maybe if their complaint was on the sheffield relaed chat rathr than random Id understand your complint.

maybe if anything this highlights the quality of policing we have here compared with other areas?

Archived