Any ladies out there who have had a LLETZ done?

I had a cone biopsy then loop diathermy treatment, which I understand is the same as LLETZ, 11 years ago. I was awake for the treatment and don't recall it being particularly painful, although felt very bilious when I bravely decided to watch the camera screen. Afterwards, once the local anaesthetic had worn off, I was left with pain not dissimilar to strong period pain for a few days. Normally I am a real wuss when it comes to all sorts of treatments and procedures (I spend a fortune at the dentist having sedation) but this one really wasn't too bad.

Good luck with your treatment

So was I, I was sick from the anasthetic but after the 'packing' was removed I was uncomfortable but cant remember being in any pain. Speak to the nurse in charge to put your mind at rest, I hope it goes well for you.

Im usually okay with anesthetics touch wood this will be my 3rd op this year last time i did feel mega sick when i came round but the op was on my stomach and eating was hard so that was probably why. Did they put a catheter in you? Yeh i will do

Archived