Any ladies out there who have had a LLETZ done?

No, no cathater needed, I could pee for England after the op with no trouble:hihi:

Hahha good, ive heard i might have to have one in because i have had problems in the past like when i had a really bad kidney infection i couldnt go. Luckly Im having it done at thornbury hosp which isnt bad because i despise hospitals but thats down to me spending a year in sheffield childrens when i was 15 eek

Sounds like you've had your share of hospitals, I don't like them either & could'nt wait to get home.

Have they offered you a pre op meeting? This could answer your questions and put your mind at rest. Give them a ring and see if you can talk to someone about your fears, better to know than not to.

Sounds like you've had your share of hospitals, I don't like them either & could'nt wait to get home.

Have they offered you a pre op meeting? This could answer your questions and put your mind at rest. Give them a ring and see if you can talk to someone about your fears, better to know than not to.

Yeh i have a pre assessment next tuesday :) did you go home the same day?

No, I had to stay in over night and the nurses were vigilant in stopping us from crossing our legs as this stops the blood circulation. I think the 'packing' was removed the following day and if there was no bleeding we were allowed home. They also encouraged us to eat ice cream for some reason:loopy:

No, I had to stay in over night and the nurses were vigilant in stopping us from crossing our legs as this stops the blood circulation. I think the 'packing' was removed the following day and if there was no bleeding we were allowed home. They also encouraged us to eat ice cream for some reason:loopy:

You know the packing you refer to was it inside you or do you mean in your pants?

Archived