Where were all you rockers tonight?

sallie

Cool to meet both of you........:clap: :clap:

No one seems to want to go out in the week anymore.....the mid week hangover is an essential experience......

But I will be there tonight and next week.

Rock nights dont have a cat in hells chance of surviving unless they are well patronised, so its make or break......ok its not at all been advertised except on this forum, but SPREAD THE WORD....everyone send TEN txt messages now to everyone you know about it and get them to come down.

Actually I DID do that, thinking could bring a tribe of people down, but....it seems weekends only for most people these days..... the usual excuses, the most popular run along the lines of..

"babysitters" (Ok valid one)

"got to get up for work in the morning" (not an excuse)

"buses are crap at night" (debate this one)

"saving for my 2006 holiday" (wtf??????)

"got no money" (possibly a good excuse as a one off)

"the bitch hit me with a take-away" (needs further investigation)

I braved the weather on the bike - ponds forge roundabout was like a skating rink !

With the turnout last night, Im wondering if my new venture is a good idea ?

As Goldenfleece said, everyone moans that there isnt anywhere to go for a decent rock night, and when there is, they are all tucked up at home.

I was dissapointed at the turnout at the moorfoot on saturday, there is usually a lot more there - ok, the quireboys at the corp may have had something to do with it.

Could also have been that a lot of people thought that as i was standing in for the regular DJ - (Buffy) that it would be crap.

Wrong again :D

I had people in hysterics - in fact one forum member (who shall remain nameless) nearly wet herself :hihi:

There are good rock DJ's in Sheffield, there are decent venues as well - put them together and you have a decent night.

All you lot have to do is get off your arses !

With the turnout last night, Im wondering if my new venture is a good idea ?All you lot have to do is get off your arses ! [/b]

It IS a good idea......

the problem for Westway is the total and complete lack of promotion....word of mouth takes a while to spread and have any effect.....and it can be so slow sometimes as to be too late to make a night actually work.

The complete lack of budget for promotion of these 2 new nights, in what is actually a decent venue with great potential, does not give any real indication of the success of other nights which ARE subject to proper promotion budgets. You get what you pay for in effect.......

Let me tell you now if I had the lease it would KICK......and be rammed.....

Originally posted by Dj_Shadowman

I braved the weather on the bike - ponds forge roundabout was like a skating rink !

With the turnout last night, Im wondering if my new venture is a good idea ?

As Goldenfleece said, everyone moans that there isnt anywhere to go for a decent rock night, and when there is, they are all tucked up at home.

I was dissapointed at the turnout at the moorfoot on saturday, there is usually a lot more there - ok, the quireboys at the corp may have had something to do with it.

There are good rock DJ's in Sheffield, there are decent venues as well - put them together and you have a decent night.

All you lot have to do is get off your arses !

I thought the Quireboys was Friday and that was why we had fewer folks at The Nelson!

If you can make some room for our lot with the funny hair and strange boots, I'm sure there's enough folks about to make your venture a success. :D

Yes nice to meet you to goldenfleece and abagnall

Hopefully once people get wind of what a great night it is it'll fill up a bit. All the feedback I've read on here about the night has been positive so hopefully any rockers reading this who didn't go will give it a chance.

See you all (and more SF people) next week I hope :)

Originally posted by geckoqueen

Yes nice to meet you to goldenfleece and abagnall

Hopefully once people get wind of what a great night it is it'll fill up a bit. All the feedback I've read on here about the night has been positive so hopefully any rockers reading this who didn't go will give it a chance.

See you all (and more SF people) next week I hope :)

How was last night, did not quite make it down town in time for cheese school rock

Archived