Hulley's ice Cream

SUTman

Does anyone remember Hulley's Ice Cream van which used to come around Parson Cross in the fifties. It was an Austin three-way van, otherwise known as a K8 and painted cream. I used to buy broken wafers from him, being able to buy a great hand full for a couple of pennies (old pennies that is).

Brilliant ! I remember the "choc-o-pops now you have mentioned them. I remember them being a cylindrical shape, ice cream covered in chocolate. I also used to buy sandwiches with a thick chocolate wafer on one side, which I used to squash and flatten as I ate them. Ended up with a chocolate wafer with a thin layer of ice cream inside.

• 1 year later...

The factory and shop was just past the bottom of our road and as a child my mother and father used to take me and my brother down to Travellers at weekend in the summer and on way we would stop off at the little cabin at the top of the drive and get the most enormous ice cream cornet with strawberry or banana ice cream and a flake for 3d. I still love banana ice cream but that you get today hasn't got anywhere as much flavour

Archived