Hulley's ice Cream

SUTman

Allus used to buy a Choc o Pop ..or a Buried Treasure ( if i was rich ) :hihi: ..whenever Hulley's were parked up against t' Bandstand in Ecco Park :)

Don't forget squeezy cups Guzz...my favourite...the van driver was known as little Albert and he lived in the Shircliffe district.

Does anyone remember Hulley's Ice Cream van which used to come around Parson Cross in the fifties. It was an Austin three-way van, otherwise known as a K8 and painted cream. I used to buy broken wafers from him, being able to buy a great hand full for a couple of pennies (old pennies that is).

I can remember an ice cream business from the early 60s in Bromley St at Netherthorpe. I used to see vans parked there when I walked to Western Park. I feel sure it was Hulley`s but it was a long time ago so I could be wrong. I looked on Picture Sheffield and there they were but the picture was so small that you couldn`t read the name.Bromley Street, Netherthorpe | Picture Sheffieldwww.europeana.eu/.../ ...Cached

You +1'd this publicly. Undo

Identifier: http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords= Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s13824&pos=2&action=zoom ...

That was Sanellas,they moved to Ecclesall a while ago...

Sharrow vale road.

I worked at the little factory one in Ecclesfield in the 70s. packing Tubs and Snowballs, filling containers up with ice- cream etc. We had to wear little white wellies and a hair net.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived