Student passes confiscation!

mg16

i was in town and i caught a bus. i used my 50p student pass (which was officially issued 3days ago) and the driver took it off.me claiming that it was a fake. i then phoned south york. travel and they told me i would have to pay 7 pounds for a new one. ... am i eligable ti claim another one for free?

If it was not a fake, contact the bus company and ask for it back. Tell them the bus number, time and which stop you got on. If you bought a ticket and still have it, that will have all the info they need. If they can not/will not give it back write to them and ask for £7 to cover the cost of a new one.

There are some very odd bus drivers about. I usually buy a weekly travelmaster ticket. A couple of months ago I got on a bus with a valid ticket and the driver said I couldn't use it, he insisted I would have to buy another ticket. I refused and asked him to explain what was wrong with the ticket I had. He just shrugged his shoulders and let me on the bus with no further comment. I'm sure some drivers like to have an argument just to make their day more interesting.

http://cards.nus.org.uk/terms-sales.aspx

The NUS Extra Card remains the property of the NUS at all times, however, you are entitled to maintain possession of the NUS Extra Card during the Validity Period, provided that you remain a member of your students’ union during such time. You may not sell or otherwise transfer ownership of your NUS Extra Card (or purport to do so) to another person at any time. The NUS Extra Card is not a certified proof of age card.

At the absolute maximum they could take your card and give it to the NUS, by keeping it or destroying it they are effectively stealing. If they can show the card is fake (to you/the NUS) then there is no problem. If they can't then why did they take it?

Contact the NUS and tell them. If the bus company doesn't play ball tell them you have no choice but to report it as stolen. If it's First then report it as stolen then tell them...

Archived