Are Fat Women Deeply Sad Inside?

I mention this after just watching a prog about people baking cakes on BBC 2. This rather large lady gave of an expression of having a jolly demure, but my overall feeling is she felt very bad about herself.

This theory is added by my experience in the pub last night. Sat on my own again, drinking like a madman, I observed fat ladies laughing out loud and throwing themselves on stick insect junkie men. And fat blokes. Later in the night, two of theses fat ladies broke down in tears and one shouted that she is deeply unhappy with her life.

Are fat women hiding? Are fat women deeply unhappy?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL NO!

We eat what we want, when we want. We drink what we want. We don't have to torture ourselves squishing into size nothing clothes that are uncomfortable. If we put on a few pounds over Christmas, or on holidays, no-one notices. People notice every extra pound a skinny girl puts on.

People always say 'have you lost weight - you look great' and not

'have you put on weight, you're looking....erm....healthy?'

I once had a friend who was slightly ditzy say to me 'I wish I was smart like you inhstead of pretty like me, then people may take me seriously'. I didn't take offence as she was one of those pure souls who never mean anything in a negative way, but I thought - yeah - people DO take me seriously.

I love being a large (l)ass.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL NO!

We eat what we want, when we want. We drink what we want. We don't have to torture ourselves squishing into size nothing clothes that are uncomfortable. If we put on a few pounds over Christmas, or on holidays, no-one notices. People notice every extra pound a skinny girl puts on.

People always say 'have you lost weight - you look great' and not

'have you put on weight, you're looking....erm....healthy?'

I once had a friend who was slightly ditzy say to me 'I wish I was smart like you inhstead of pretty like me, then people may take me seriously'. I didn't take offence as she was one of those pure souls who never mean anything in a negative way, but I thought - yeah - people DO take me seriously.

I love being a large (l)ass.

Good for you girl! But do you have mates who don't have the same outlook?

why should fat women be sad --and why should they be any sadder then fat men.

A very good question. I feel that fat blokes get away with it easier. Look at Jonny Vegas - he is as fat as a house next door to Burger King. But gets over (not over walls) but men are more accepted with bigger sizes. Might come down to sexism.

Archived