Are Fat Women Deeply Sad Inside?

On a bit of a serious note, I have two friends who are sisters, both of whom are very Ill and desperately unhappy with their weight, their illness precludes any weight loss whatsoever, they will carry on growing unfortunately. It's not so much their weight that gets them down but how society treats them, as though they are somehow second class citizens. Both of these women work very hard and are extremely talented seamstresses, making theatrical costumes for the Northern Ballet but folk just don't get past the initial impression, which is desperately sad, as in pathetic of the folk treating them that way x

Aaarrrrggggh. Just stop. There are actresses who make Kathy Bates look like pile of rubber tires. But they haven't got the talent she has in her pinky. Different roles have age and appearance ranges. Spiderman's girlfriend was a teenage girl. That would have been a stretch for her even if she was a size zero. You're comparing apples and oranges. Not all roles are meant for all actors, no matter their size. There are other factors in play here.

Kathy Bates started out loving her craft. She just wanted to work as an actress. I don't believe she ever wanted to be a "star". For most in Hollywood, that's the success they want. Just to be able to do what they love and get paid for it. A good example is Rance Howard. He did bit parts and got bigger roles but he's hardly a household name, yet he had a successful career. Oh, he's Ron Howard's dad.

In the sense that some other actresses are bigger than her? And look like Michelin tyre ladies? I think we are missing the point here. KB is no doubt talented and all the other stuff. But TV, films and general advertising is focused on slim fit ladies. Do you agree?

Sorry, not read all of thread. Controversial I know, but is any fat person happy with being fat, regardless of their sex? I was very slim, then piled it on with my first pregnancy, it took me a while to lose the baby fat; I hated being big, was miserable as sin and highly self conscious. Now I'm back to a size 8-10 and much prefer it. If people are genuinely happy with being large then good luck to them, I envy them.

Sorry, not read all of thread. Controversial I know, but is any fat person happy with being fat, regardless of their sex? I was very slim, then piled it on with my first pregnancy, it took me a while to lose the baby fat; I hated being big, was miserable as sin and highly self conscious. Now I'm back to a size 8-10 and much prefer it. If people are genuinely happy with being large then good luck to them, I envy them.

I believe fat people arent happy, and besides that its not healthy, either for your heart or joints.

Yeah, must the amazing to get out of breath from brushing your teeth, having arteries as solid as copper wire, sweat like a marathon (snickers for the chubbers) runner when doing things like walking, breathing and eating.

Yeah i envy the hell out of em.:hihi:

Archived