Are Fat Women Deeply Sad Inside?

In the sense that some other actresses are bigger than her? And look like Michelin tyre ladies? I think we are missing the point here. KB is no doubt talented and all the other stuff. But TV, films and general advertising is focused on slim fit ladies. Do you agree?

General advertising is focused on what sells. And generally yes, youth and beauty sell. Creating a need where none exists. Making people feel a certain way and believe their lives will be empty without whatever it is they're peddling. They appeal to people's emotions and worm their way into your pocketbook, to ultimately separate you from your money. That's all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Years ago, I had someone tell me my pit bull dog was ugly with her shovel shaped head and body like a tank. But by pit bull standards, she was beautiful.

And I'm done. You have an issue with big girls, which I suppose is ok as long as you don't let it get too out of hand and offend someone.

General advertising is focused on what sells. And generally yes, youth and beauty sell. Creating a need where none exists. Making people feel a certain way and believe their lives will be empty without whatever it is they're peddling. They appeal to people's emotions and worm their way into your pocketbook, to ultimately separate you from your money. That's all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Years ago, I had someone tell me my pit bull dog was ugly with her shovel shaped head and body like a tank. But by pit bull standards, she was beautiful.

And I'm done. You have an issue with big girls, which I suppose is ok as long as you don't let it get too out of hand and offend someone.

That is a very interesting point Sierra. But, I feel does not address the issue at hand.

Sorry, not read all of thread. Controversial I know, but is any fat person happy with being fat, regardless of their sex? I was very slim, then piled it on with my first pregnancy, it took me a while to lose the baby fat; I hated being big, was miserable as sin and highly self conscious. Now I'm back to a size 8-10 and much prefer it. If people are genuinely happy with being large then good luck to them, I envy them.

I was more upset at having a closetful of clothes I couldn't wear. Crap. Winter's coming and I can't fit into any of my coats! I refused to buy new ones. Although I had an expensive skirt that was rather snug before, and after I had my youngest I couldn't zip it all the way up. My husband's suggestion to "just wear it like that" didn't help. Yeah. On my son's first birthday, I conceded defeat and that skirt went to Goodwill. :(

Archived