Are Fat Women Deeply Sad Inside?

A very good question. I feel that fat blokes get away with it easier. Look at Jonny Vegas - he is as fat as a house next door to Burger King. But gets over (not over walls) but men are more accepted with bigger sizes. Might come down to sexism.

Or it might come down to the projected image of what is beautiful. Hour glass figures have been the shape that advertises. We've been sold a certain look haven't we. As to whether they are sad or not i wouldn't know. I would imagine that some would not be happy with their size but most of us have something about ourselves we would change if we could.

I think this is a sterotypical comment as who is to say that ladies who are larger are any sadder than ladies who are slim.....the way you feel isnt necessarily down to your size but down the way you live and the outlook you have on life.

I am a larger girl - and I am perfectly happy with the way I am/look etc and my outlook is if you dont like it then fair enough, but I am me and thats all that matters in life.

If there are larger women or men who arent happy with themselves then there is things that can be done to help - so they dont have to be depressed, and thats the same with people who are slim and depressed.....but as i said the depression may be down to something other than the size!

But what about the outside? Is that why so many fat ladies are sad?

what is on the outisde is only of consequence to the men they are tryign to attract.

If they feel like they need a man who is attracted to them purely on a physical basis then they have some low self esteem issues. I'd like to think they dont feel like they have to live their lives looking for the approval of others.

Or it might come down to the projected image of what is beautiful. Hour glass figures have been the shape that advertises. We've been sold a certain look haven't we. As to whether they are sad or not i wouldn't know. I would imagine that some would not be happy with their size but most of us have something about ourselves we would change if we could.

Very well put. But I think we are all to blame. If a see a large lady in a swimming costume - I just gawp like a Corsa driver looking at a green three wheeler. I just cannot help it. I think we all do.

Good for you girl! But do you have mates who don't have the same outlook?

nup - all my friends are skinny.

I'm the one with the good sense of humour!

Very well put. But I think we are all to blame. If a see a large lady in a swimming costume - I just gawp like a Corsa driver looking at a green three wheeler. I just cannot help it. I think we all do.

I have blue bathers and a blue towel.

Last time I was in Australia, people kept saying 'beeched ez, bru'. When I found out what they were referrring to, I wet myself laughing.

I'm glad I can bring humour to people's lives even when I don't realise. :D

what is on the outisde is only of consequence to the men they are tryign to attract.

If they feel like they need a man who is attracted to them purely on a physical basis then they have some low self esteem issues. I'd like to think they dont feel like they have to live their lives looking for the approval of others.

Sure, but most men like fit ladies, don't they? I have never seen a plump page 3 lady.

I agree but are we like that because of TV, film and other media or do we genuinely prefer a different kind of woman. Would it matter were it not for advertising?

yes it is sexism .the only reason to be sad if your fat is if its affecting your health.........what is sad is that so many women seem to see themselves as fat when they are not.of course that is all to do with the popular culture of our time.

I agree, how can we change theses views?

Archived