Are Fat Women Deeply Sad Inside?

True, Kathy Bates isn't classically beautiful, even when she was younger. But isn't Hollywood a better place because some producer cast her in leading lady roles on the strength of her talent? You can't deny she's hecka talented.

Early in her career, she had a bit part as Gary Busey's wife in Straight Time. And she was thin as a rail. ;)

*Trivia* In the opening scene, Dustin Hoffman is seen being released from prison. This was filmed at Folsom State Prison.

She is a extremely talented actress. No two ways about that.That film where she captures that guy and knocks his feet off is shocking. But, my point again, she would not gain a wider audience playing a lead role in a hollywood blockbuster. And the reason why? Because she is fat.

She is a extremely talented actress. No two ways about that.That film where she captures that guy and knocks his feet off is shocking. But, my point again, she would not gain a wider audience playing a lead role in a hollywood blockbuster. And the reason why? Because she is fat.

she's pretty good in the waterboy too

I gawp at beautiful people - is that any different really?

Gawping at someone because of how they look is the same no matter what the gawpee looks like.

BTW - I know a LOT of fat people with huge amounts of will power.

It is the 'won't power' they are lacking :hihi:

My willpower comes and goes. Sometimes it's sitting right next to me, other times I wave to it from a distance.

You raise a good point. In both cases, someone can be the center of attention because of their appearance. However, there's a major difference in being stared at because you are physically beautiful, and being stared at because you are odd looking. This is exactly the kind of attention that prevents people with body issues from enjoying life.

Nothing like being invited to a friend's beach house and wearing shorts and a T-shirt to take my babies swimming in the ocean because my swimsuit was still too tight and I refused to buy a bigger size. And this was entirely self imposed. My husband didn't care.

Like most 'big boned' people you are clearly in denial.

Telling a health proffesional hes a pillock is a one way ticket to bad health.

On another note i find it hard to believe you do all that exercise if you are as big as you say.

Size 18 and only 5'4".

All i can say is :wow:

And you, sir can stick your opinion where the sun don't shine too, I do not hide under the big boned label, I am a little, fat woman, as for not believing my exercise level I could care less about that offering too. And why is telling him he is a pillock a one way ticket to bad health, do you have any clue as to why I was there in the first place, I think not!!! Toddle off now back under your rock, your "game" has ceased to amuse!!!!

And you, sir can stick your opinion where the sun don't shine too, I do not hide under the big boned label, I am a little, fat woman, as for not believing my exercise level I could care less about that offering too. And why is telling him he is a pillock a one way ticket to bad health, do you have any clue as to why I was there in the first place, I think not!!! Toddle off now back under your rock, your "game" has ceased to amuse!!!!

Im not playing a game but i do think your over sensitivity is going to lead you down an unpleasent road in later life :|

Wider audience? Are you serious? I think at this point, she's got her pick of roles.

Archived