How Independent are the IPCC?

The IPCC does it jobs well. If your thinking of reporting police corruption or a serious matter it will do it's best to investigation, if your thinking of reporting a cop for not doing exactly as you wanted, being a bit rude or driving badly I suggest you get a .... Err don't bother! ;-)

Its definatly the former.

Im not going into any detail other than to say i believe a police officer has let personal opinion and feeling dictate the way he investigates a case and thus causing a potentially innocent person the ordeal of a court date and a possible conviction.

Can i go to the IPCC with somthing like this even if the case is ongoing or do i have to wait until its over?

All complaints will be handled by your local Police Force. Even if your original complaint is made to the IPCC, they will pass it on to SYP.

If you wish to appeal about the way your complaint was handled or the outcome, then the IPCC take that appeal.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/en/Pages/complaints.aspx

If you think that you have a valid complaint ... then always go ahead and make it.

All complaints will be handled by your local Police Force. Even if your original complaint is made to the IPCC, they will pass it on to SYP.

If you wish to appeal about the way your complaint was handled or the outcome, then the IPCC take that appeal.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/en/Pages/complaints.aspx

If you think that you have a valid complaint ... then always go ahead and make it.

But if a complaint is filed before the investigation is over then that gives this officer even more of an axe to grind. It would need to be someone independant so that rules out the IPCC for now.

:(

Its definatly the former.

Im not going into any detail other than to say i believe a police officer has let personal opinion and feeling dictate the way he investigates a case and thus causing a potentially innocent person the ordeal of a court date and a possible conviction.

Can i go to the IPCC with somthing like this even if the case is ongoing or do i have to wait until its over?

Don't think there is a problem reporting it then. Although I would say personal opinions and feelings alone would not justify a charge that would have had to have been granted by the CPS, there has to be evidence against whoever your concerned about, unless you think the officer has fabricated evidence, in which case the IPCC is definitely the correct place to go

Don't think there is a problem reporting it then. Although I would say personal opinions and feelings alone would not justify a charge that would have had to have been granted by the CPS, there has to be evidence against whoever your concerned about, unless you think the officer has fabricated evidence, in which case the IPCC is definitely the correct place to go

Scared off one witness

Verbaly abused another.

The list goes on a little but those two stick out to me.

I'd say, as unfortunate as it may be, the individual would need the court to prove their innocence and then action for remedy can be pursued if necessary.

Has the case got past the CPS?

Not sure to be honest. Wont know for a week or so but the feeling is its been done in such a way is that itll fly past them like concord.

Only with less flames and fewer bits falling off.

But if a complaint is filed before the investigation is over then that gives this officer even more of an axe to grind. It would need to be someone independant so that rules out the IPCC for now.

:(

That makes no sense? Why would it have to be someone independent? Loads of cops get investigated by PSD departments.

If you looking for an official organisation that is Anti police like a large number of SF users are, who would find all cops guilty regardless, then thankfully such a organisation doesn't exist

That makes no sense? Why would it have to be someone independent? Loads of cops get investigated by PSD departments.

If you looking for an official organisation that is Anti police like a large number of SF users are, who would find all cops guilty regardless, then thankfully such a organisation doesn't exist

Probably a good job im not then,

innit:rolleyes:

Call me a synic but hands up who would want the police to investigate themselves and feel totaly comfortable in what may happen?

Especially when the police (or rather some officers but its still the police) have demonstrated a total lack of interest in procedure and the law?

Go on, dont be shy.

Archived