How Independent are the IPCC?

Scared off one witness

Verbaly abused another.

The list goes on a little but those two stick out to me.

If you honestly think justice has been impeded or may be then take action. If your bias towards what sounds like a friend or relative let the court system provide the answer.

Very very few innocent people end up being convicted, in fact the balance against those that are guilty but don't get conviction is probably 98% to 2%

Call me a synic but hands up who would want the police to investigate themselves and feel totaly comfortable in what may happen?

Especially when the police (

but its still the police) have demonstrated a total lack of interest in procedure and the law?

Go on, dont be shy.

Exactly......legit cops won't look after or want to protect the bent ones amongst them

If you honestly think justice has been impeded or may be then take action. If your bias towards what sounds like a friend or relative let the court system provide the answer.

Very very few innocent people end up being convicted, in fact the balance against those that are guilty but don't get conviction is probably 98% to 2%

I hope you are right on this.

Call me a synic but hands up who would want the police to investigate themselves and feel totaly comfortable in what may happen?

Especially when the police (or rather some officers but its still the police) have demonstrated a total lack of interest in procedure and the law?

Go on, dont be shy.

You are quite right to be cynical, but with organisations as complex and protective as the police are, it often takes someone that has worked there to know how systems work in order to investigate at depth.

For it to work, you need a former employee to be knowledgable, but also able to divorce themselves from their old friendships etc.

Few and far between, I would guess.

I've had need to complaint to the IPCC on 4 occasions on behalf of someone else.

I can only say that I was happy with the way the complaints were handled. They were assessed with by Senior Police Officers, Inspectors etc and they did go through things with a fine tooth comb.

Of course we don't know what happens behind closed doors and there's always the feeling that they could have all got there heads together and came up with the answers I requested.

Even so I think they were honest and professional and I was happy with the process.

Even though they rejected the complaints....

Well i think this complaint has merit so as long as its dealt with fairly id be more than happy.

You seem to know your stuff so could i just ask you another thing?

Will it matter that its an ongoing investigation, do i need to wait until its possibly been to court?

Archived