Do you think Black History Month is a tad racist?

Wheres me violin?

Still waiting for the link to all those achievments made by our black brothers and sisters.:rolleyes:

Why are you being sarcastic?

I've seen such content on the internet. Why not go and find it for yourself and learn or would that get in the way of your main activity (which is clear to see)?

Why are you being sarcastic?

I've seen such content on the internet. Why not go and find it for yourself and learn or would that get in the way of your main activity (which is clear to see)?

Im not.

Im asking for the proof of what he is saying.

Sure i could google it but i wont.

I'll bet there won't be any negative history on show. Like the black involvement in the slave trade etc. It'll just turn out a celebration of black culture and the history will be selected carefully....That's fine though, so long as we all know what's happening..

Yeah, lets not forget that slavery is an african invention.

Not very pc to say that i know but damn its accurate.

'Black History Month' is (IMO) a waste of time, BF.

I've seen young black males walking around wearing T-shirts with a picture of 'Malcolm X' and underneathn the words: "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand."

Perfectly acceptable (????)

Were white youths to walk around wearing T-shirts with a picture of William Shakespeares and a slogan which said: "It's a white thing, you wouldn't understand' would that be acceptable?

´

Would it buggery! There'd be hell to pay! RACISM!

There's always hell to pay for racism. It's paid by those who are the genuine victims of it.

Skin colour is totally irrelevant.

It's great that you think so. unfortunately there are many who don't.

Im not.

Im asking for the proof of what he is saying.

Sure i could google it but i wont.

I think before you embark on studying black history, you should familiarise yourself with what I believe to be your native language.

I haven't made any claims that require substantiating.

Alexandre Dumas was black!

My Corsican Great, great, great, granddaddy was hardly a honky. (I'm a mongrel, as are many of us...) Put me out in the sun for a day or two and I turn somewhat brown ... touch of the tarbrush?

Then, of course, there's Old Prat Wimpy ...Wasn't her great granddaddy a honky?

Let's not forget the president of the United States. Half white.

We can each choose our friends, but none of us can choose our ancestors.

BUt (IMO) it's not about that. I think (personal opinion) that Black History month loses the impetus it might gain because of the word in the middle.

History.

Let me remind others (I know I don't need to tell you) about really important black history.

In the post-war period HMG realised that there was insufficient male labour in the UK (significant pouplation losses during the war, increased demand for labour to 'bridge the gap'.)

So they imported Afro Caribbeans. They treated them like excrement. 'No Blacks, No Irish' was at the top end. The country could not have (in any way) recovered without the serious graft put in by the poorly-treated immigrants.

I'm singing to the choir if I address this to you, BF - It's your parents and some of my friends I'm talking about. If you want a 'Black History Month' (and I certainly don't object) please don't forget the Afro-Caribbeans who came to this country during the 1950s, dug it out of a hole and were (by and large) treated shabbily.

Does the 1950s count as history? - Before I came to the UK, but (perhaps I'm getting old) harldy 'history'.

It is history, though - and without the sacrifices made by your parents' generation, the country would've been in a real mess.

Archived