Do you think Black History Month is a tad racist?

you're right its not funny ,its hiliarious when you know and I know the truth is that most blacks in the US will thanking god and their slave forefathers

that they were born in america and not africa

You are who you are, a fortuitous product of birth and where your mother spread her legs to spit you out.

Hardly.

Oh, absolutely!

I hold that the goliwog wasn't introduced as a tool for fomenting malice and racial hatred, it was made as a child's toy.

I sure you hold a lot of things but it doesn't make you right. You're wrong about this but would rather put the onus on me to prove you're mistaken.

At a time when such things simply would not have been connected with racism.

That's truly laughable.

If you can show that I'm wrong, do so - don't tell me I'm wrong, refuse to give evidence and expect me to do the running (unless of course you can't link to any such evidence).

I can link to such evidence any time I wish but I believe the onus is on you to do so; after all, you're the person making false claims and calling people drama queens (totally hypocritically because you'd pull Halibut up for similar :rolleyes: )

I certainly will tell someone they are wrong if they are wrong. We're all wrong sometimes, it's not a big deal. Perhaps the issue that someone you see as an anti-racist stating that you are wrong irks you. Perhaps you've more sympathy for the poor, maligned racists than those who take a stance against them ... :suspect:

They may address racism but they don't prevent it. As for the next assertion, I disagree.

seeing you"re such an expert on racism, maybe you could tell me if

black history month will be addressing black on black racism in africa and implementing some kind of prevention programme for it?

It's very rude to ask questions when you choose to ignore those which are directed at yourself previously. :P

(I even fixed your quotes for you. Ain't I lovely ..)

Oh, absolutely!

I sure you hold a lot of things but it doesn't make you right. You're wrong about this but would rather put the onus on me to prove you're mistaken.

That's truly laughable.

I can link to such evidence any time I wish but I believe the onus is on you to do so; after all, you're the person making false claims and calling people drama queens (totally hypocritically because you'd pull Halibut up for similar :rolleyes: )

I certainly will tell someone they are wrong if they are wrong. We're all wrong sometimes, it's not a big deal. Perhaps the issue that someone you see as an anti-racist stating that you are wrong irks you. Perhaps you've more sympathy for the poor, maligned racists than those who take a stance against them ... :suspect:

If you pull somebody up and tell them they're wrong, tradition (as I understand it) requires you to show how/why they're wrong, not to demand that they go and find out.

So, we're back to you either providing the information/link, or stopping moaning.

If you pull somebody up and tell them they're wrong, tradition (as I understand it) requires you to show how/why they're wrong, not to demand that they go and find out.

So, we're back to you either providing the information/link, or stopping moaning.

Moaning? I'm having a ball, darling. I'm not making any demands either! Just suggesting.

PS: I made a post earlier which you'd probably like to respond to, so I suppose I should go and fetch that too! :P

There were also the racists who used poor golly symbolically to persecute a group of people.

Have a look at "Winston" being sacrificed and bear in mind this is the 21st Century ;)

Just a bit of an aside - it must really mess with Nick Griffin's head for Churchill to have been called Winston. :love:

you're right its not funny ,its hiliarious when you know and I know the truth is that most blacks in the US will thanking god and their slave forefathers

that they were born in america and not africa

Loathe as I am to be seen to confirm any of your many prejudices, this is actually true and not a prejudice. I worked in West Africa (Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea and Angola) with two African-American colleagues. They were in well paid jobs and lived the middle class American dream back home.

They were both thankful they were born in the USA and not West Africa.

But then I guess that's all part of black history.

Just a bit of an aside - it must really mess with Nick Griffin's head for Churchill to have been called Winston. :love:

What's the history of the popularity of the name Winston in Jamaica? I had assumed it was in honour of Winston Churchill, but I don't know if that's true.

Anyone?

Archived