Do you think Black History Month is a tad racist?

Black history month originated in America. We also have Hispanic Heritage month.

There's nothing racist in having either.

Gay history month also originated in Ameica. I believe they started theirs in October 1994, the one in the UK began 10 years later and is celebreated in February.

Harleyman makes some excellent observations. As a child of the 60's there was no mention of Black people's contribution toward British history where none white people were shoulder to shoulder in world wars 1&2. I was taugh Black people were a lot of savages where the Misionnary coming on his boat tame us with Christianity ( and other ways).

I welcome Black History month not from a political PC perspective, but to help raise awareness of the many various contrubutions made by many black people not only in sport and music but other fields, nursing science, authors the list is endless. As a child I experienced many eldery retired WW2 soldiers telling me in the street as I passed ' we fought the war for you lot' . The British war museum helps uncover this myths with the many women and diversity of soldiers.Together lets uncover these myths through Black History month ( Now stepped off my soap box..)

Harleyman makes some excellent observations. As a child of the 60's there was no mention of Black people's contribution toward British history where none white people were shoulder to shoulder in world wars 1&2. I was taugh Black people were a lot of savages where the Misionnary coming on his boat tame us with Christianity ( and other ways).

I welcome Black History month not from a political PC perspective, but to help raise awareness of the many various contrubutions made by many black people not only in sport and music but other fields, nursing science, authors the list is endless. As a child I experienced many eldery retired WW2 soldiers telling me in the street as I passed ' we fought the war for you lot' . The British war museum helps uncover this myths with the many women and diversity of soldiers.Together lets uncover these myths through Black History month ( Now stepped off my soap box..)

Well said newlady. Anyone who can write so intelligently and coherently is a welcome addition to the Forum.

Despite the refusal of the Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, Zahi Hawass, to release any DNA results which might indicate the racial ancestry of Pharaoh Tutankhamen, the leaked results reveal that King Tut’s DNA is a 99.6 percent match with Western European Y chromosomes.
All that proves is that Tuts mother was having it off with some Western Explorer.:o

Archived