Do you think Black History Month is a tad racist?

Yes it is racist. We can celebrate what they have achieved all the year round. Same as us.
Well they got away with Miss Affro Carribean beauty contest, and they were funded be SF Council for an Affro Carribean Centre whilst at the same time my pensioner parents were turned down for a roof grant due to lack of funds.

Well they got away with Miss Affro Carribean beauty contest, and they were funded be SF Council for an Affro Carribean Centre whilst at the same time my pensioner parents were turned down for a roof grant due to lack of funds.

Don't worry, my grand parents were too, so it certainly isn't a 'black thang'.

Ps: could you tell us what your objection is to Miss Afro Caribbean? (not that I've ever heard of it). What's the problem with the council funding an Afro Caribbean centre?

Ps: could you tell us what your objection is to Miss Afro Caribbean? (not that I've ever heard of it). What's the problem with the council funding an Afro Caribbean centre?

No objection unless a Miss Caucasian was banned, how many Caucasian Centres are there in the UK?

Don't worry, my grand parents were too, so it certainly isn't a 'black thang'.

Its not what I pay my council tax for.

No objection unless a Miss Caucasian was banned, how many Caucasian Centres are there in the UK?

Centres that are exclusively caucasian? Quite a few I'd imagine, the fact they're not branded as such shouldn't cause you any grievance. Incidentally, the Afro Caribbean centre you refer to, doesn't ban whites you know?

Archived