Do you think Black History Month is a tad racist?

Maybe there isnt that much to know.

I mean, look at africa. All those people live there and practicaly nothing possitive comes from a single one of em. They dont invent anything for the great good of mankind, they dont achieve anything for the greater good of mankind, they just soak up aid like a sponge then in their best Oliva voice they say,

"Please buana, can i have some more?"

Sad but true :(

Perhaps you're another poster demonstrating the usefulness of a campaign highlighting black history, as there's obviously a lot you don't know.

Failing that you might find this course of study more appealing so you can hone your skills more effectively.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Hopefully Suffy it will also raise awareness of the negative contributions also, I don't believe it's the job of historians to whitewash (pardon the pun) things that happened in our collective pasts and shaped how people developed.

Indeed, there are saints and sinners of all races. However, it also serves to highlight how apallingly blacks have been treated throughout history from the 'whitewashing' as well as the racism and lack of fundamental rights that they had to endure. My daughter learned all about the civil rights movement last year in Y5 during Black History month and they were tasked with a piece of homework where they had to research a black public figure. This can only be a good thing, we never had such opportunities.

Perhaps you're another poster demonstrating the usefulness of a campaign highlighting black history, as there's obviously a lot you don't know.

Failing that you might find this course of study more appealing so you can hone your skills more effectively.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Ahhhh, i get it.

I never bothered clicking the link.

Too obvious mate.

Now heres the question.

Why is it im called ignorant and a troll just because im saying somthing that is blatently true?

Ahhhh, i get it.

I never bothered clicking the link.

Too obvious mate.

Now heres the question.

Why is it im called ignorant and a troll just because im saying somthing that is blatently true?

Because it isn't 'blatently true'.

It's blatantly false.

Indeed, there are saints and sinners of all races. However, it also serves to highlight how apallingly blacks have been treated throughout history from the 'whitewashing' as well as the racism and lack of fundamental rights that they had to endure. My daughter learned all about the civil rights movement last year in Y5 during Black History month and they were tasked with a piece of homework where they had to research a black public figure. This can only be a good thing, we never had such opportunities.

All past tense.

None of it relevant to today. If you and some black people dropped the victim stick for 5 minutes youd see that.

And before anyone says anything else about me being racist, ignorant or whatever then dont.

Because your assessment of African history was incomplete and inaccurate and believing nobody could be that 'ignorant' I assumed you were deliberately being provocative, hence 'trolling'.

All past tense.

None of it relevant to today. If you and some other black people dropped the victim stick for 5 minutes youd see that.

And before anyone says anything else about me being racist, ignorant or whatever then dont.

It is totally relevant. Drop the victim, who is playing victim? :roll: It is history, it is fact. It is past tense because that is what history is. Are you saying that history is not relevant? If so then I concur with Halibut. How can one understand contemporary culture and politics without historical knowledge?

You're obviously completely dumb and almost certainly, racist. People like you are forever looking for examples of racism against and exclusion of whites to justify your own racism. Pathetic.

All past tense.

None of it relevant to today. If you and some other black people dropped the victim stick for 5 minutes youd see that.

You're clearly ignorant and your assumption that Suffragette is black is further evidence of that.

Racist? Probably.

I remember when I was the equivalent of Y5 (a few moons ago), and discussions of ethnic history of any kind were bizarrely confined to divinity lessons-maybe it was only religious education teachers who could muster the appropriate missionary zeal for it.

It wasn't comprehensive study, more a paternalistic account of how whites had influenced blacks in Africa, which of course they have, but that was only a very small part of the black history story as I discovered subsequently.

Archived