Would you still eat meat if you had to slaughter the animal yourself?

I first killed a rabbit when I was 4. (I used to go out with my Dad to check the snares ... that's how we got our meat.)

I have been known to hunt animals, to shoot birds and to catch fish.

If I'm not going to eat it, I'm not going to catch it or to kill it.

Meat - and the flesh of fish - comes from living creatures. If you're going to eat it, you should (IMO) be prepared to kill it.

I saw a food programme once where a boar was going to be killed and turned into a years worth of sausages. The farmer would use his rifle to scratch the boar on the head every day whilst feeding it. This way when "the big day" came the boar would feel no anxiety or fear and the kill would be quick and stress free.

I don't know how to feel about this, it is so kind and thoughtful and yet awful all at the same time :gag::hihi:

If I had to kill to eat meat...it would be very hard, I could kill fish I think, maybe wild rabbits or pheasants etc, I don't think that I could kill anything that I had to rear and care for at all, either way I would find it very very hard at first I am sure and would probably end up living on black berries or something :rolleyes:

I don't think you have to become a vegetarian only because you are not able/willing to kill animals. However, I cannot understand the people who eat meat but freak out when they get reminded that the dish on their plate was a living creature.

Each to their own I suppose - I'll never understand veggies, and they probably don't understand why I enjoy a steak that's oozing a little blood.

Bagging your own meat and cooking it within hours is very rewarding, sometimes even watching residual muscle twitch as you're preparing the cuts for the pan. Yummy.

I live on blackberries...what do you think? and what do you do?

Did you read my previous post?

Sometimes I buy meat from a butcher, sometimes I kill it myself.

Meat doesn't come from butchers or from supermarkets. Somebody has to kill it.

I only kill what I'm going to eat - as I said earlier.

Did you read my previous post?

Sometimes I buy meat from a butcher, sometimes I kill it myself.

Meat doesn't come from butchers or from supermarkets. Somebody has to kill it.

I only kill what I'm going to eat - as I said earlier.

No I didn't, I read it now though.

I am well aware that meat was a living creature, I know it doesn't come from supermarkets, I have said that if I needed to I would kill fish not sure about anything else...don't see the problem in not killing if I don't have to, I am not experienced in it and would probably make a mess of it, plus I don't actually want to.

Not sure where you are going with this really, life today means that people can eat meat without killing it, I am sure that you also do that from time to time, its not unusual.

Archived