LABOUR Hypocrites

xenia

To be fair you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

If you want to believe the Conservatives did a good job of managing the economy I think you're seriously deluded but that is up to you.

We have to face up to 40 years of policy failure. Simple as that.

My mortgage rate in 1987 was 12.75%. It wasn't even half of that throughout the Labour administration. A 12.75% mortgage rate now would be the end of the UK housing market.

I bought my first house in 82 and it was painful when the rates went up, but they did come back down, and even though the rates went up housing was still more affordable than it is now.

I would rather 12% for a short time on a 20K mortgage than 4% on a 120K mortgage, keeping the rates low during the housing bubble was one of the contributory factors that inflated the bubble which led to a global housing crash and a banking crisis. Had Labour put the rates up when the bubble started, houses would be now more affordable to the younger generation and the banking crash may have been avoided.

I would certainly do a Howe/Lawson/Ken Clarke V Brown comparison. Do you want to inclde Healey so we have the full picture.

LABOUR always leave you skint.

Remind me again about the Tory pedigree in managing the economy.

You can start from the dog days of Nigel Lawson if you like.

Or earlier if you fancy doing a proper Brown/Lawson comparison.

Truth is, neither of them manage the economy in our interests.

we

Re "Right Wing press" Labour were supported by all Murdoch media throughout the Blair mafia years.

Tony was recently seen dressed in white at the side of the river Jordan attending the christening of a Murdoch child.

Is this the incarnation of St Tony the Baptist? or just another ruse to convince the gullible of his religiosity?

The Bruvvers at the conference did right to boo when Silliband mentioned his name Blair/Brown and the rest of the gang have consigned Labour to the wilderness for years to come.

The longer the better.

Archived