Parking Charge Notice at Decathalon

bebop2

Why are you furious? It's your own fault for staying over your permitted time. From what I can see Excel have done nothing wrong.

There is no permitted time. All this notice is, is an invoice. Just rip it up and ignore all their threats for a few months. They can't enforce it.

there is a perrmitted time on decathlon car park, have you ever been on it, or are you just ******* in the wind here, dont give out advise to someone, that isnt true, you cld be landing someone in deaper ****, then you will dish out more crap telling people what to do.... get yr facts rights or shut yr gob

there is a perrmitted time on decathlon car park, have you ever been on it, or are you just ******* in the wind here, dont give out advise to someone, that isnt true, you cld be landing someone in deaper ****, then you will dish out more crap telling people what to do.... get yr facts rights or shut yr gob

Had any bevvies tonight Hazel? :hihi:

The idea Decathlon have no control over this I very much doubt,its the car park for their store whoever owns it so I think they will want to have some say over what happens there,if one of the staff cars accidently got a ticket do you think they would pay?

What I would do as poster earlier is go and see the manager show them the receipt for the bike and I am sure they would be able to assist as in this case it clearly should be cancelled imo.

On the other side of the coin parking on other peoples car park is a vey real problem on sites so close to town ask yourself this if it was your business and your customers could not park on a carpark you pay for because it was full of people shopping elsewhere would you consider it acceptable?

• 4 weeks later...
The idea Decathlon have no control over this I very much doubt,its the car park for their store whoever owns it so I think they will want to have some say over what happens there,if one of the staff cars accidently got a ticket do you think they would pay?

What I would do as poster earlier is go and see the manager show them the receipt for the bike and I am sure they would be able to assist as in this case it clearly should be cancelled imo.

On the other side of the coin parking on other peoples car park is a vey real problem on sites so close to town ask yourself this if it was your business and your customers could not park on a carpark you pay for because it was full of people shopping elsewhere would you consider it acceptable?

Let's get this absolutely correct.

Excel do not issue fines. What they send is an invoice that is only enforceable through a court. They will try and bluff people through letters from people who are debt collectors (with no more powers than you and I) and solicitors.

Neither have any power to do anything other than take you to court.

Here they lose properly defended cases. Type "Excel lose" into google and you will see what I mean. Now try "Excel win!"

Finally once you have done all this tell all your friends not to pay either.

I got one for parking in the car park at Hillsborough, it shows me driving in and then driving back out and the timestamp says I was there for 15 minutes. Poppycock, I was straight in and straight back out because it was full so I dont know how they got the 15 minutes stay rubbish.

I just threw it away :roll:

I used to work at Decathlon and unfortunately, this happens frequently. Excel own the car park, not Decathlon, so the store can't revoke the fine. Occasionally they can ask Excel to withdraw it, but at the end of the day, it's Excel's decision and they are a horrible company to deal with.

If I were you, I'd go into the store and ask to speak to the Operations Manager. He'll do what he can, but don't expect too much!

As other people have put, this is not true. The car park is owned by Decathlon. Excel operate on behalf of the Landowner (in this case Decathlon stores) for enforcement only. The equipment, including the Pay and Display machinery, is owned by Decathlon.

Archived