Parking Charge Notice at Decathalon

bebop2

So obviously you miss the sign as you drive into it that says "THIS IS A PAY & DISPLAY CAR PARK". I think they give you the first hour for free but it is still pay & display (ie you have to display a ticket).

yes, thats what i said, you display a ticket, you dont have to pay, and as the OP said, they were in decathlon spending money, or perhaps you believe that you should have to pay to go purchase in a shop, and they wonder why town is going down the pan and places like meadowhall are booming!!

yes, thats what i said, you display a ticket, you dont have to pay, and as the OP said, they were in decathlon spending money, or perhaps you believe that you should have to pay to go purchase in a shop, and they wonder why town is going down the pan and places like meadowhall are booming!!

But you stated its a free car park which is not true. Staples is a free car park for a maximum one hour stay but Decathlon is a pay & display - even if the first element of it for the first hour is not chargeable.

Your argument about meadowhall is about 20 years old now.

Your argument about meadowhall is about 20 years old now.

age has nothing to do with the validity of the statement, its still valid today.

These thieving invoice "people" even gave my father in law a ticket for parking in a disabled bay with a valid disabled permit, needless to say, its not getting paid and we will look forward to being taken to court

Do you think that is fair or right?

I do not think it is fair or right if it did not break the rules of the car park, no. I took have a close relative that is a blue badge holder and I have had a discussion on here previously when someone stated about disabled bays in private car parks just being graffiti on the tarmac. I stated that they are there for a purpose and people should respect that. Indeed, I know there is a court case due next year which Disability UK are bringing which, if found in their favour, would force private landowners, and particularly supermarkets, to ensure that such bays are enforced.

But I also know that the general rules of blue badge do not apply in private car parks (for instance they still have to pay in pay & display).

I know Excel have come on here and cleared up some issues where a genuine wrong has sorted. Try PMing them if you that is the case. You never know, they may relieve the stress!

I do not think it is fair or right if it did not break the rules of the car park, no. I took have a close relative that is a blue badge holder and I have had a discussion on here previously when someone stated about disabled bays in private car parks just being graffiti on the tarmac. I stated that they are there for a purpose and people should respect that. Indeed, I know there is a court case due next year which Disability UK are bringing which, if found in their favour, would force private landowners, and particularly supermarkets, to ensure that such bays are enforced.

But I also know that the general rules of blue badge do not apply in private car parks (for instance they still have to pay in pay & display).

I know Excel have come on here and cleared up some issues where a genuine wrong has sorted. Try PMing them if you that is the case. You never know, they may relieve the stress!

we contacted them, they refused to withdraw the ticket, and the disabled bay was at a hospital when he got the invoice, so im sorry but they are the lowest of the low in my eyes for doing that to a 76 year old man visiting his wife in hospital

If Excel are watching this thread as they have already posted on here, please feel free to comment as to why you ticked a disabled badged car that was correctly displaying it in a disabled bay

we contacted them, they refused to withdraw the ticket, and the disabled bay was at a hospital when he got the invoice, so im sorry but they are the lowest of the low in my eyes for doing that to a 76 year old man visiting his wife in hospital

If Excel are watching this thread as they have already posted on here, please feel free to comment as to why you ticked a disabled badged car that was correctly displaying it in a disabled bay

We do not issue PCNs at any hospital site in Sheffield. Are you sure it was Excel that issued this? Which hospital was it?

We do not issue PCNs at any hospital site in Sheffield. Are you sure it was Excel that issued this? Which hospital was it?

But you do put RED warning notices on medicars parked in the Ambulance area when that particular medicar is on ambulance service transporting patients and that particular medicar is displaying Medicar and Ambulance signs. I remember one day an Emergency Ambulance with a stretcher patient having to park in a disabled bay due to the ambulance parking area being full of illegally parked taxi's, the car park manager went to the ambulance desk complaining about it being parked there, but yet the hospital minibus can park for 4 hours outside the eye dept, parked on double yellow lines and half on the footpath causing an obstrution and nothing done about it, the man is a complete idiot. Obviously brains and common sense are not a requirement for his job.

But you do put RED warning notices on medicars parked in the Ambulance area when that particular medicar is on ambulance service transporting patients and that particular medicar is displaying Medicar and Ambulance signs. I remember one day an Emergency Ambulance with a stretcher patient having to park in a disabled bay due to the ambulance parking area being full of illegally parked taxi's, the car park manager went to the ambulance desk complaining about it being parked there, but yet the hospital minibus can park for 4 hours outside the eye dept, parked on double yellow lines and half on the footpath causing an obstrution and nothing done about it, the man is a complete idiot. Obviously brains and common sense are not a requirement for his job.

Can we all please avoid making unfair personal attacks at people who are not present on the forum. Thank you.

Can we all please avoid making unfair personal attacks at people who are not present on the forum. Thank you.

yes i do agree with what you say, however if what mediman states is correct, i suspect an bit of frustration on his part, and also if it was as he said, excel putting the warning sticker on the vehicle, then what excelparking stated was misleading to say the least

So its unfair of me to make a personal attack of of someone regarding an incident that did actually happen to me while being a medicar driver at the Hallamshire, but yet its okay for you to slag off another forum member regarding his posts on Sheffield Forum its time you practised what you preach. Many other forum members are in the same frame of mind as me as to the attitude of Excell Parking Services staff and their actions. In the words of the member you were complaining about that is a fact.

Archived