Parking Charge Notice at Decathalon

bebop2

I don't want to get drawn into the trivia of who did what or who said what, Martin DID take them to court because he refused to pay the fine so they had no alternative. So THEY did take him to court:hihi:

As for barriers, well what would happen in the event of a fire, people would be trapped and the fire engines wouldn't be able to get in.

:loopy:

Kevin

What a load of piffle!! Every barrier in a controlled car park I know either drops to the floor or raises automatically when the alarm goes off.

Are you for real?

OK but I notice that no one wants to address the issue that a) there are a large number of inconsiderate motorists and b) that even though you yourselves may have been annoyingly inconvenienced by them, you still don't think that they should be punished!

What about cars that park illegally in disabled bays?

What about cars that take up two parking bays?

What about cars that park illegally on double yellow lines?

Unless there are real sanctions to enforce the law then the businesses would suffer as a result.

All everyone wants to do is point out the odd occasion when the parking business get it wrong not the thousands of motorists who benefit from a fair proper and legal enforcement of the law.

Kevin

We do not issue PCNs at any hospital site in Sheffield.

You did on the 23rd October last year.

I witnessed this at the Hallamshire Hospital. It had been given to a disabled bloke whose badge, IIRC, had slipped from the dashboard. I reported it on here at the time but the thread has disappeared. Part of my message is available on one of the archive sites, though, and I would be happy to provide you with a link if you wish. Anybody who wishes to find it for themselves could, for instance, search "it was rather windy and I saw the Excel geezer standing in the doorway of the main entrance" in google.

OK but I notice that no one wants to address the issue that a) there are a large number of inconsiderate motorists and b) that even though you yourselves may have been annoyingly inconvenienced by them, you still don't think that they should be punished!

Unless there are real sanctions to enforce the law then the businesses would suffer as a result.

All everyone wants to do is point out the odd occasion when the parking business get it wrong not the thousands of motorists who benefit from a fair proper and legal enforcement of the law.

Kevin

I think you'll find that the majority on here take umbrage at inconsiderate parking/driving but would also would insist that any "punishments/fines" are legal, proportionate and not invoices thinly disguised as "fines"

I think you'll find that the majority on here take umbrage at inconsiderate parking/driving but would also would insist that any "punishments/fines" are legal, proportionate and not invoices thinly disguised as "fines"

What would you consider legal and proportionate, if its simply (as some are suggesting) the cost of the parking then there would be no incentive to pay in the first place. For example, if it's £5 for two hours parking then if you don't pay you get fined £5, well no one will pay the initial parking fee will they?

Lets grasp the nettle here, the police and Council charge about sixty quid if you break the law and that's to act as a disincentive isn't it. Well it should be the same for everyone else, I think that's entirely fair.

"If you don't want to pay the fine then don't do the crime" simples!

I'm sure that companies like Escel would much rather people parked properly than them having to waste time and energy is chasing the minority of car owners who have broken the law.

Kevin

I'm sure that companies like Escel would much rather people parked properly than them having to waste time and energy is chasing the minority of car owners who have broken the law. ?????????????????

Kevin

Hahahahaha, How do you think they make their money? Answer: By making people think they have broken the law and presenting them with INVOICES thinly disguised as fines!..........but you know this already don't you.:rolleyes:

Kevin

Kevin - please understand that private companies cannot issue fines, no matter what the provocation, any more than you and I can. I can paint some lines on my small drive and suggest anyone walking across it is liable to a charge. I can issue a so-called fine for those who refuse to pay. But it is not enforceable any more than those issued by Private Parking Companies are.

The system at the Cheese Grater, Railway Station and (the one I know) Malin Bridge Park and Ride work perfectly well with barriers and I have no doubt the emergency services are perfectly capable of knowing what to do in an emergency.

As for parking in disabled bays and on double yellow lines - if they are for real i.e council controlled ones - then there are parking wardens, if they are not council controlled then they are graffiti and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to pretend they are otherwise.

If there is a charge for parking - either via a ticket then all well and good - I am happy to pay. I am not going to pay made up speculative invoices disguised as fines - and neither should anyone else.

Archived