BMI Baby airline: Cost of transferring tickets to someone else

Know how I can sell some BMI BABY flights I now cant use & can not get a refund for????????:rant:

I was going with 5 friend to marbella but i am now having a surpise baby with is due when we were going to travel in june next year

Please help ???????

You cant just "sell" an airline ticket, you will have to get the names changed on them first which themselves carry a charge. Have you looked into how much that would cost?

You cant just "sell" an airline ticket, you will have to get the names changed on them first which themselves carry a charge. Have you looked into how much that would cost?

I remember when I was off to a stag do in Amsterdam, when we arrived at the airport we noticed that one of our party had his name spelt wrongly on his ticket, it turned out to be cheaper to buy him another ticket on the flight than it was to change his name.

katie, I've removed your post offering to sell the tickets as we don't allow advertising in this part of the forum.

A friend of mine was in a similar situation last year (his girlfriend couldn't go on holiday so he wanted to give her tickets to someone else). He found the cost of doing so was actually more than buying a new ticket.

Have a read of this: http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/faqs/changes_and_cancellations.aspx

It seems to cost £40 + the difference in the price of the flights. I understand that mean, for example:

You booked flight and paid £50

The price of the same flight today is £80

To change the name you would need to pay £40 admin fee + £30 difference in flight prices

Do you have any travel insurance which might cover you?

Im never going to book flights seperately again, package holiday all the way for me next time!!!!! the airlines just try to get money from you anyway they can ,& i thought it was just ryan air !!

Explain the " the airlines just try to get money from you anyway they can "

I thought you couldnt go away because you are now expecting a baby, moaning because you can't get a refund of flight ?

I think you might be better just putting it down to a loss. Its unfortunate that you can't go, but you're getting a baby! If you booked all separately, I'm guessing you haven't paid TOO much for a flight. Maybe you could just give them away to another friend who might want to go and let them pay all the changing fees.

Archived