Train set collection

My dad had a very large train set collection where would be the best place to get a good price for it. Would I be better of selling everything individually or as a set. Around 20 engines then rolling stock and loads of track.

Private sale would be the best option, don't sell to Marchway or Rails both will only give you a fraction of what it's worth.

Thankyou. I didn't share my dads enthusiasm with trains im afraid, He was also obsessed with tramcars to so theres around a dozen of motorized trams aswell. And god knows how many books. Maybe take them to a toy fair if they do that kind of thing?.

you could try a club, like the Sheffield Society of Steam Model Engineers, they meet at Ecclesall Woods, near to where Abbeydale Garden Centre used to be. They are all into model trains etc. and should give you good advice. They should be on the web if you google.

My dad had a very large train set collection where would be the best place to get a good price for it. Would I be better of selling everything individually or as a set. Around 20 engines then rolling stock and loads of track.

Sell them on Ebay and as seperates for the best price, i sold some last year and was more than happy with the price .

I'd take advice from as many experts as possible before selling anything. Train sets are very collectable ... get the best price you can! :)

Archived