2p or not 2p? Is your loose change worth more in scrap?

They are scrapping the 20p and 10p for something with a lesser value metal from what Im led to believe.

The 5p and 10p would go first, then the 20p, the the 50p.

We need the currency to devalue going on for 50% for the 5p and 10p to be scrapped, and to devalue another 50-60% for the 20p to be scrapped. And then another 60% or so for the 50p to be scrapped.

The 5p and 10p would go first, then the 20p, the the 50p.

We need the currency to devalue going on for 50% for the 5p and 10p to be scrapped, and to devalue another 50-60% for the 20p to be scrapped. And then another 60% or so for the 50p to be scrapped.

I must say I am most impressed with your knowledge of small change chem1st. Is there a particular reason for your expertise? :)

Blimey. Are you behind the times.

A man of your standing wouldn't go breaking the law though... would you:suspect:

Ha ha, yes I admit that I am a bit behind the times in these small matters. It's just that I was exploring the cellars last night and I found an old giant whisky bottle full of coins, I was amazed at how heavy it felt and it got me thinking.

Ha ha, yes I admit that I am a bit behind the times in these small matters. It's just that I was exploring the cellars last night and I found an old giant whisky bottle full of coins, I was amazed at how heavy it felt and it got me thinking.

Were you looking for Alcoblog? He's not hiding at the moment, eminence, he's not well - bless him:D

You know what annoys me? 99p prices. £9.99 instead of £10. Just stop it. I refuse to be part of it.

I used to throw all my change into a jar, then a few months ago during a poor spell counted up all the 'silver' and there was over £50. Good way to save as it was only about 6 months worth of change. I think my 1p & 2p's would only amount to about £5 though which I still have.

And a tip to finish on: To get rid of your change without annoying clerk, take it to one of those self service things in supermarkets. I'd love to be the guy who puts 1000 pennies in for £10's worth of shopping.

Archived