2p or not 2p? Is your loose change worth more in scrap?

Now there's a coincidence. Simon Mayo's Radio 2 Drivetime 'homework' question on yesterdays programme was remarkably similar :roll:

Thought you'd be more of a Radio 4 kind of person ;)

It's no coincidence, Simon is a close friend of mine. Why would you think I listen to radio 4 anyway?, it's duff! I'm more of a Toby Foster, Radio Sheffield fan. An invaluable source of information for events in Barnsley and Wath!! :P: ;)

A quick shout out to the lovely Toby Foster, another radio presenter who I am proud to have using my threads as material for their show, who reported yesterday that pre-92 2p's have such a high copper content that they are now worth 5p each!

Great show Toby, keep watching this space.

MOS :thumbsup: x

A quick shout out to the lovely Toby Foster, another radio presenter who I am proud to have using my threads as material for their show, who reported yesterday that pre-92 2p's have such a high copper content that they are now worth 5p each!

Great show Toby, keep watching this space.

MOS :thumbsup: x

Sadly Mr Stradivarius, I fear for once you may not profit. I'm sure your designer trouser pockets have never been home to lowly 2p pieces ... especially 20 year old ones!

Let's just hope for your sake that the silver stripe in £20 notes soon outweighs the value of the note itself. :D

I used to collect half-penny (new penny) coins.

A half-penny coin with a hole in it is a phosphor-bronze washer.

Such a washer cost (in low quantities) 5p. Cheaper to make than to buy.

But: "You may not deface the coin of the realm"

Worth about as much as: "I promise to pay the bearer on Demand".

Hi

a tad OT, but kindof realted. In the london region, every morning, usually mon to friday as we travel to work in our modest e Calss AMG, radio reports desrutions to rail traff as "cabels been cut..stolen."" It is about time to teach these crooks a leason, on the other hand, lets keep it real - ie naff all will happen to these crooks. The high price of metal is not good, unless you is a crook

Sadly Mr Stradivarius, I fear for once you may not profit. I'm sure your designer trouser pockets have never been home to lowly 2p pieces ... especially 20 year old ones!

Let's just hope for your sake that the silver stripe in £20 notes soon outweighs the value of the note itself. :D

You are right of course AB, but I feely duty bound to advise those less fortunate than myself.

On the subject of 2p's, I went to the petrol station to fill up this morning and bought a few goods while I was there. I asked the young chick behind the counter for a plastic bag to carry my purchases.

YC (young chick): "2p for a bag luv, is that R8?"

MOS (me): "2p for a plastic bag!!! No it is not 'R8', don't you think you make enough profit from your overpriced garbage!?"

YC: "Keep your wig on luv I just work here, besides you don't look short of a few quid with a car like that."

MOS: "Firstly I'll have you know that this is not just a wig but a work of Art created by Pierre Boufant of Paris, Secondly if I were to give you a pre-1992 2 pence piece for your plastic bag, you would have infact charged me 5p!. I WILL NOT be paying for a bag."

With that I pulled the bottom of my jumper out in front of me with both hands creating a handy pouch. I then instructed the chick to load up my pouch with my goods and open the door of the shop and my car for me before writing her telephone number on my exposed torso.

I will not be using that service station again.:mad:

You are right of course AB, but I feely duty bound to advise those less fortunate than myself.

On the subject of 2p's, I went to the petrol station to fill up this morning and bought a few goods while I was there. I asked the young chick behind the counter for a plastic bag to carry my purchases.

YC (young chick): "2p for a bag luv, is that R8?"

MOS (me): "2p for a plastic bag!!! No it is not 'R8', don't you think you make enough profit from your overpriced garbage!?"

YC: "Keep your wig on luv I just work here, besides you don't look short of a few quid with a car like that."

MOS: "Firstly I'll have you know that this is not just a wig but a work of Art created by Pierre Boufant of Paris, Secondly if I were to give you a pre-1992 2 pence piece for your plastic bag, you would have infact charged me 5p!. I WILL NOT be paying for a bag."

With that I pulled the bottom of my jumper out in front of me with both hands creating a handy pouch. I then instructed the chick to load up my pouch with my goods and open the door of the shop and my car for me before writing her telephone number on my exposed torso.

I will not be using that service station again.:mad:

:hihi::hihi::hihi: hope those 2p's aren't from my collection jar, your eminence, Joto is depressed now not quite sure if thats because I might not get off or the fact I might turn up on her doorstep:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived