Big wide world sheffield band

CW Decorator

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

bit ironic today.....searching for some old music tracks online and remembered big wide world....which led me to this site....was lucky to have met them when i ran a club in rotherham...new york new york....we met tony hadley in eccy rd bar and watched them then booked a few gigs at roth......they were superb..and yes,they were on the soundtrack to when saturday comes...which leads me to another great band based in sheffield who never made it,albeit an american one.....answers on a postcard

• 1 year later...

There are now 5 Big Wide World Songs On Youtube

Born to lose

Beautiful thing

Throwing it all away

If i cant have you

Stoned

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 13:57 ----------

bit ironic today.....searching for some old music tracks online and remembered big wide world....which led me to this site....was lucky to have met them when i ran a club in rotherham...new york new york....we met tony hadley in eccy rd bar and watched them then booked a few gigs at roth......they were superb..and yes,they were on the soundtrack to when saturday comes...which leads me to another great band based in sheffield who never made it,albeit an american one.....answers on a postcard

Yes I remember them well, there was guy called Paul played the guitar, sorry I don't have any of their music though wish I did.

thats them they were managed by tony hadley from spandau ballet,my wife used to work with one of the band called ricky

Did they play some of the soundtrack on the film When Saturday Comes?

If so, i might be able to help you.

does anybody remember a sheffield band called big wide world .

i'm trying to get hold of a cassete of there music would av been about 94 ish

There are now 5 Big Wide World Songs On Youtube

Born to lose

Beautiful thing

Throwing it all away

If i cant have you

Stoned :roll:

• 9 years later...

Hi CW,

I've just come across this now and with it being so long ago, I'm not sure if there will be any response but here goes ...

To answer your question ... I have a full music cassette from Big Wide World and it still plays well!

It's coloured with their name plastered all over it in different shades of blue.

I met the band at Sheffield when I worked on security at the Meadowhall Shopping centre all those years ago and I was there when they held the premier film event for 'When Saturday Comes' with the brilliant Sean Bean. I was so impressed with this band when they played a few tracks that I approached them and bought this music cassette directly from them.

It was a great night  and one I'll never forget!

I must try and dig the cassette out as its packed away in stuff when I moved house last year. 

So many memories ... and great ones at that.

Regards

Jason