What would make YOU consider voting Conservative?

taxman

What would make YOU consider voting Conservative  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would make YOU consider voting Conservative

• Hell freezing over
    • Pigs flying

They only time I'd vote conservative is when all the following apply:

1) Consider myself better than anyone else

2) Enjoy bullying people

3) Pretend to be rich

4) Have no friends what-so-ever (See 1)

5) Show aggression and mouth off a lot

6) Believe what I read in the Telegraph and Mail

7) Show vulgarity

8 ) Not listen to people

9) Try and steamroller everything

10) Try and bribe my way to the top or at least grease a few palms

Well you've mastered most of them, only a couple to go :hihi:

You have to hand it to the Labour spin doctors and union wallahs, they have done a pretty good job of making people believe stuff like this.

nothing to do with spin or unions. This is the image the party projects at the moment. Hence my comment about the lack of a prominent centre-left. The likes of ken clarke or george young have no serious voice in the modern tory party. And there is no younger generation to replace them. The party no longer appears to be a broad church.

I know quite a few Tory voters in their late twenties. They're from rich families, often where the parents were originally working class and low income who 'made good' in the 80s. My friends now all have well-paying jobs (lawyers, doctors) and seem to honestly believe that despite the fact their parents put them through university and lent them the deposit for he house they bought in 2006, they too are self-made - presumably on the grounds that they do work hard, and they haven't inherited. Yet.

Baffles me.

They only time I'd vote conservative is when all the following apply:

1) Consider myself better than anyone else

2) Enjoy bullying people

3) Pretend to be rich

4) Have no friends what-so-ever (See 1)

5) Show aggression and mouth off a lot

6) Believe what I read in the Telegraph and Mail

7) Show vulgarity

8 ) Not listen to people

9) Try and steamroller everything

10) Try and bribe my way to the top or at least grease a few palms

You could say that about politicians of any party though. Just change the reference to the Telegraph and Mail in point 6 to the Guardian and you'd have described the likes of Ed Balls, Gordon Brown and the Milliblands to a tee!

I am not 100% sure where this class thing comes from? Yes conservatives are multi millionaires but so are the labour leaders.

Not that I voted for them, but the real problem is there is hardly any difference between the leading parties these days.

Exactly. Blair is a multi-millionaire, Brown is worth a quid or two, and the last Labour cabinet had a fair few quid between them if they piled it on the carpet - even that retarded grease monkey Prescott has lined his pockets nicely and now struts around in ermine. We could list plenty of current Labour front benchers whose houses need staff

From my own perspective, I hardly know anybody who doesn’t vote Tory. Perhaps that’s because they’re mostly educated and from ‘privileged’ (I’d say instead decent and respectable) families, but that’s a matter of opinion. Among them are also plenty of people who’ve worked hard from either relatively or very humble backgrounds and have had the sense to realise that Labour serves principally the idle and stupid, not the working man.

The whole bitter ‘them and us’ mentality is very much a northern thing. In southern counties, the Tory vote is strong from all leves.

If the conservatives promised an end to mass immigration and quitting the EU I'd vote for them tomorrow. You'd be mad not to.

So you're not too bothered about todays real issues like the recession (possibly set to get worse!), cuts in education and healthcare, increase in unemployment and the number of people on minimum wage, the increasing gap between the rich and poor, cuts to social and community facilities from libraries to provision for the elderly etc. etc. etc.....? :suspect:

John X

So you're not too bothered about todays real issues like the recession (possibly set to get worse!), cuts in education and healthcare, increase in unemployment and the number of people on minimum wage, the increasing gap between the rich and poor, cuts to social and community facilities from libraries to provision for the elderly etc. etc. etc.....? :suspect:

John X

All unfortunately caused by the last spendaholics in power............how many more times!

Archived