What would make YOU consider voting Conservative?

taxman

What would make YOU consider voting Conservative  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would make YOU consider voting Conservative

• Hell freezing over
    • Pigs flying

All unfortunately caused by the last spendaholics in power............how many more times!
It doesn't matter how many times, Labour supporters simply stick their ehads in the sand when you remind them that Labour spent its way into national debt. Much as they did in the 60s and 70s.

The banking crisis was just an also-ran compared to Labour's spending.

So you're not too bothered about todays real issues like the recession (possibly set to get worse!), cuts in education and healthcare, increase in unemployment and the number of people on minimum wage, the increasing gap between the rich and poor, cuts to social and community facilities from libraries to provision for the elderly etc. etc. etc.....? :suspect:

John X

Of course s/he doesn't! Our very own rickiethetroll has admitted on another thread that reading the Daily Mail of a morning is the most satisfying feeling possible. (Though I suspect that coming on Sheffield Forum and regurgitating the contents of the morning's Daily Mail to annoy Foummers, gives rickie the most satisfaction).

Exactly. Blair is a multi-millionaire, Brown is worth a quid or two, and the last Labour cabinet had a fair few quid between them if they piled it on the carpet - even that retarded grease monkey Prescott has lined his pockets nicely and now struts around in ermine. We could list plenty of current Labour front benchers whose houses need staff

From my own perspective, I hardly know anybody who doesn’t vote Tory. Perhaps that’s because they’re mostly educated and from ‘privileged’ (I’d say instead decent and respectable) families, but that’s a matter of opinion. Among them are also plenty of people who’ve worked hard from either relatively or very humble backgrounds and have had the sense to realise that Labour serves principally the idle and stupid, not the working man.

The whole bitter ‘them and us’ mentality is very much a northern thing. In southern counties, the Tory vote is strong from all leves.

If Labour does represent the stupid then it'd be in your interests to vote for them.

With regards to the 'them and us' mentality, that's a stereotype just like the stereotype that southerners are toffee nosed.

Archived