What would make YOU consider voting Conservative?

taxman

What would make YOU consider voting Conservative  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would make YOU consider voting Conservative

• Hell freezing over
    • Pigs flying

Don't forget, as well as taking all our jobs they are claiming all our benefits, taking all our housing and stealing our white wimmin. :P

You can mock all you like but the facts are there in black and white.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031973/UK-immigration-9-10-jobs-created-year-went-foreign-nationals.html

And the asylum seekers are still flocking from Eastern Europe!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8782230/Eastern-Europeans-still-came-to-Britain-for-work-despite-recession.html

Poor former Labour government and lousy track record.

Shame that even that didn't give the cons a majority. Not much hope if they cannot wrest power away from a bunch of (proven) crooks and liars.

how many more times!

You can say it as often as you like, it won't make you correct though. Blame the bankers (friends of the tories).

The banking crisis was just an also-ran compared to Labour's spending.

So labour's extravagant spending was worse than the global financial crisis (that the rest of the world still hasn't recovered from)?

I think not.

You can't blame reasonable pay rates for man's inherent greed.

Minimum wage != reasonable rate of pay. It is the lowest that they can get away with paying.

Asylum seekers? Eastern Europe?

I think you'll find the correct term is migrant workers and they're entitled to come here and work.

And there is obviously work available if they're coming all that way.

Now stop being a nasty little bigot.

Don't you just love the irony of a post that says "the facts are there..." and then links to the Daily Mail to support it

Don't you just love the irony of a post that says "the facts are there..." and then links to the Daily Mail to support it

Why is it that when the daily mail is quoted it must be wrong?

Almost all the new jobs created in Britain in the last seven years have gone to foreign workers.

Of the 1.3million jobs created since 2001, the vast majority - went to non-UK nationals, official figures show.

thisislondon.co.uk

MIGRANTS have taken the overwhelming majority of new jobs created in Britain in the last two years, official figures show.

http://www.express.co.uk

More than half of new jobs created under Labour since 1997 have gone to foreign workers, it has emerged.

http://news.bbc.co.uk

And this is whilst we have high unemployment and UK nationals desperate for jobs; it isn’t the case that UK nationals just won’t do these jobs. I remember mass strikes over a company employing foreign works at a power plant I think despite the fact that plenty of fully qualified UK workers wanted the jobs.

Asylum seekers? Eastern Europe?

I think you'll find the correct term is migrant workers and they're entitled to come here and work.

And there is obviously work available if they're coming all that way.

Now stop being a nasty little bigot.

The terms asylum seeker and migrant worker are pretty much interchangeable. Just because eastern europeans have the legal right to take british jobs doesn't mean it's morally right for them to do so.

And leave off with the insults, there's nothing wrong with believing british jobs should go to british workers.

A opitiful swipe really.

The Mail, like all papers, may weight its columns to get over the message the editorial team wants from the page, but when they quote figures, they aren't allowed to lie or they may get sued.

And you may have noticed this bit: "The figures, produced by the Office for National Statistics" . . . or maybe you didn't?

Shouldn't be hard for you to provide counter arguments or facts and figures that disprove what is in the Daily Mail then.

It shouldn't be, if I had the time and/or inclination, difficult to type a few paragraphs explaining why media outlets with their own agenda use selective statistics to back up their view point but I have neither

I choose not to believe everything I read in the Mail and, what I know (or accept) to be true I take with a large pinch of salt when the Mail filters and spins it

My flippant comment wasn't aimed at this particular story, but the Mail's comments and observations in general

Sorry if I hit a nerve

Archived