Daylight savings

Alan52

Personally I'm grateful for the lighter mornings when we revert to GTM, otherwise I would be going to work in the dark as well as coming home in the dark, and would only see daylight on my days off!

Interesting; I'm actually in favour of going to Double British Summertime, which would see the end of GMT for winter (we'd be on what's currently Brit Summertime now). I tend to go to work between 7-8am so it's already dark at both ends for most of the winter for me (and I hate it too). Because I was away at the weekends I don't think I actually saw my garden for most of January and February this year!

Of course the upshot of double summertime would be daylight 'til gone 11pm in midsummer.

• 1 month later...
Interesting; I'm actually in favour of going to Double British Summertime, which would see the end of GMT for winter (we'd be on what's currently Brit Summertime now). I tend to go to work between 7-8am so it's already dark at both ends for most of the winter for me (and I hate it too). Because I was away at the weekends I don't think I actually saw my garden for most of January and February this year!

Of course the upshot of double summertime would be daylight 'til gone 11pm in midsummer.

...which is why it's such a bad idea.

Better: stop moving clock time biannually and just stick to GMT ( = natural meridial time).

Archived