Sick pay for full time staff -a nasty surprise..

Same thing happened to me I was told I would get paid for being off sick when started my current job, I was off ill for a couple of days as had food poisoning, 1st time off in 5 years and was docked two days pay. When I asked why they said it was a change in the payment of sick pay and nothing I could do about it.

It would have been nice to have been informed of it!!

They are obliged to inform you of any changes to your contract in writing - If sick pay is what you have signed for, there is nowt they can do, although having paid you out they will most likely ask you to re-sign a contract and get your colleagues to do the same...

Talk to your union rep - they will sort it out and make sure you have acceptable working conditions.

. You aren't in a union? Well it is tough luck, you have to just accept whatever your employer does. There's only one figure that matters, and that is PROFIT.

Talk to your union rep - they will sort it out and make sure you have acceptable working conditions.

. You aren't in a union? Well it is tough luck, you have to just accept whatever your employer does. There's only one figure that matters, and that is PROFIT.

Increasingly, you are not allowed to join a union! I know that I am not, it's in my contract! I don't even work for a tiny tin pot place either, but a national business with plenty of cash coming in!

They are obliged to inform you of any changes to your contract in writing - If sick pay is what you have signed for, there is nowt they can do, although having paid you out they will most likely ask you to re-sign a contract and get your colleagues to do the same...

But as Magilla hinted at earlier, it was probably not in his contract to be paid if sick in the 1st place, but merely a custom that has been stopped.

This is certainly what happened at our place. Unfortunately the wasters take advantage of the system so eventually it was pulled, and the genuine workers suffer as a consequence. It coincided with the economy taking a dip, and that was certainly the catalyst for taking action.

I have to say that I have never heard of this happening to permanent employees. My boss would be scuppered of this were brought into my place of work, she has at least 2 sick days per month. It's an absolute bugger for those who end up having to take long-term sick leave for cancer and the like. At my place of work you get 6 months' full-pay on sick leave then half pay for another 6, for the time being that is.

ha ha union reps thats whats created nearly all the work problems in this country...know your rights etc etc acceptable working condtions just be glad you have a job!! nobody wants to hear from the employers side ever?? how many take the absolute mick, loads off for stress, bad back things that are difficult to prove but the employer has to accept the fact that the doctors note will be issued no matter what most times due to patient pressure, yes you are right the only thing that matters in business is PROFIT!! because without that the wages dont get paid ! all my workers are on stat sick pay contracts and guess what they are rarely ill:thumbsup:

Well, no; but the people suffering from it would all end up in mental institutions since you're doubling the size of their problems.

employees have not the faintest clue about stress, stress is making sure the wages can be paid !!!!!!!!!! especially in these very challenging economic times.

Archived