Gusto Italiano new venue

Ian Well

• 3 months later...

Shocking change in culture, not sure why they have become rude and surly. I used to love the old place, it was welcoming any time of day.

Went in for a coffee, the three seats in the window were taken. A family friend without s drink took up the only other space. There were tables in the back but if we weren't having a meal we couldn't sit down.

Tried again. Went for breakfast. No food apart from a Danish pastry without meat. They would not make a meat free sandwich.

Never again. A customer lost, never to return and zi bet I am not the only one. I had high hopes. Plenty of other places wanting my custom.

Shocking change in culture, not sure why they have become rude and surly. I used to love the old place, it was welcoming any time of day.

Went in for a coffee, the three seats in the window were taken. A family friend without s drink took up the only other space. There were tables in the back but if we weren't having a meal we couldn't sit down.

Tried again. Went for breakfast. No food apart from a Danish pastry without meat. They would not make a meat free sandwich.

Never again. A customer lost, never to return and zi bet I am not the only one. I had high hopes. Plenty of other places wanting my custom.

probably as they have had some excellant write ups in the star and telegraph they think they dont need to try so hard and i am guessing the overheads are way lower now and they dont need every customer as i have heard the prices have rocketed, seen it happen a lot but as you say there are plenty more places that will welcome you just for a coffee

Archived