Banking advice needed please

Hiya, unfortunately, due to my own bad management, i wont have funds in my bank for my monthly car insurance tommorrow. But i shall on saturday, which is no use really.

I guess i have two options, let the bank refuse and charge me, in which case i can phone churchill on sat morning and pay by card.

or cancell the d/d and pay on saturday anyway, cancellation of the d/d does not really matter because its my last payment anyway.

just wondering what other people might think is the best option?

thanks

Thanks all, i was fretting over nothing, spoke to churchill, and they said "OOHHH Yes!" go ahead and cancel it. When the bank inform us you will have two options, reset up the d/d or pay your final payment by card.

I never liked churchill since they charged me £15 admin fee and increased my premium by 30% because i moved 800 yrds down the rd, but they were great today and took a weight of my mind, without finantial penalty.

Make sure you cancel the DD ASAP because it will probably try to leave your account just after midnight.

Andy, did that straight after speaking to insurance company, i have fretted all week about this and in the end it took a couple of phone calls and i got about 10 days to get my finantial circumstance in order, well done churchill.

ps. no i dont work for them !!

The bank won't accept a direct debit cancellation within about three days of the next payment going out, in any event.

Not strictly true, i cancelled on the internet banking site, and read if payment was due today, then its too late, if payment due within 3 days, then contact branch or telephone banking to comfirm cancellation, which i did and no problems with the cancellation

Archived