Speed limit to be raised on motorways?

I cannot understand why people drive so fast near built up areas (ie, near schools), yet stick to speed limits on the motorway, or drive under the speed limit.

When driving in built up areas, I rarely go above 20mph this is so I can stop if I need to, yet everyday I have people virtually driviing in my boot.

Yet, when I go on an A road, people often drive at 40mph :loopy::loopy: why drive at 40mph on an open A road, and 40mph past a school?

As for the motorway, why not raise the limit to 90mph? I drive at between 90-105mph on the motorway and I'm often not the fastest car on the motorway.

Nothing wrong with speed on and A road or a motorway, but in a build up area it is wrong

Because driving at 20mph uses more fuel than driving at around 50mph which I think is about the most fuel efficient speed, I'm sure some of the posters on here will correct this if i’m wrong. Have you ever got stuck behind someone doing 50 in a 60 limit only to see them continue doing 50 when they get to a 30 limit?

Because driving at 20mph uses more fuel than driving at around 50mph which I think is about the most fuel efficient speed, I'm sure some of the posters on here will correct this if i’m wrong. Have you ever got stuck behind someone doing 50 in a 60 limit only to see them continue doing 50 when they get to a 30 limit?

Hi

Simple facts: A speed limit is a limit and not an obligation unless otherwise stated

FACT

:) :)

You are wrong. Will that do?

Few observe current limit. Raising it to 80mph will mean that more are within the law. A law that is widely ignored is a bad law.

I bet that the average speeds are much the same after a law change. They won't be 10mph higher - that thinking is too simplistic.

Few observe current limit. Raising it to 80mph will mean that more are within the law. A law that is widely ignored is a bad law.

I bet that the average speeds are much the same after a law change. They won't be 10mph higher - that thinking is too simplistic.

Hi

There is chatter that the 80 will be rigorously enforced.

We are all for the 80, but night time must remain 70 in our respected judgement.

Hi

There is chatter that the 80 will be rigorously enforced.

We are all for the 80, but night time must remain 70 in our respected judgement.

So you're saying increase the speed limit in the day when traffic when traffic is at it's slowest, then drop the speed down when the motorway is mostly empty? Have you thought this thru? How's about after 10pm have 100mph speed limit for the first two lanes then no speed limit for the third lane

A much better idea. FACT

Archived