EDL Leader convicted of assault.

John X

Do you want to incite racial/religious hatred or do you seek to oppose it and put tolerance and understanding in it's place?

It's pretty straightforward really.

By hating people - I note you're among those who work hard at that.

I've dealt with bigotry, mostly when younger, and the best thing to do is leave it to wither and die away, not feed it with publicity and competition.

Where did you get the source about the Bartholomeus quote? Very nasty if that's true.

It was posted on the EDL Jewish Division's facebook page.

Even he must have realised the comment was beyond the pale, as he tried to fake a screenshot of the page without the comment. Unfortunately a screenshot of the original page had been done by somebody before he had a chance to delete it! ;)

John X

I've dealt with bigotry, mostly when younger, and the best thing to do is leave it to wither and die away, not feed it with publicity and competition.

Do you support the EDL Bojangles?

Dishing it out or taking it?

Do you support the EDL Bojangles?
Please don't be ridiculous, they are a hideous bunch but that doesn't mean I will cheapen myself or pollute my life by 'hating' them. That would make me as bad as they are.

Dishing it out or taking it?
Oh dear. If it makes you feel better I'll give you whatever answer you want, but the truth was taking it when I was younger. Why else would I have said that?

and the best thing to do is leave it to wither and die away, not feed it with publicity and competition.

Because of course, that worked really well in 1930's Germany! :rolleyes:

And coincidently next week is the 75th anniversary of the battle of Cable Street. I suppose you would have advocated letting the fascists march through a predominantly Jewish area without opposition.

And when racist and homophobic attacks by members of the National Front reached a peak in the late 70's you would have advocated ignoring them rather than organising against them and setting them back 10 years and on a downward path of infighting to obscurity?

John X

Because of course, that worked really well in 1930's Germany! :rolleyes:

And coincidently next week is the 75th anniversary of the battle of Cable Street. I suppose you would have advocated letting the fascists march through a predominantly Jewish area without opposition.

And when racist and homophobic attacks by members of the National Front reached a peak in the late 70's you would have advocated ignoring them rather than organising against them and setting them back 10 years and on a downward path of infighting to obscurity?

John X

I'd let the Police deal with it, not a bunch of self-appointed vigilantes who call themselves the anti-whatever league and end up being just as lawless and dispicable as the racists they hate.

Archived