EDL Leader convicted of assault.

John X

I don't think I did. I made a general statement that said the likes of him are always going to be "on the top" when it comes to police involvement.

The likes of him being a football hooligan. Yes the police do generally crack down hard on them.

What is interesting if you watch some of footage of EDL protests, is the police attitude.

Historically the police (particularly the Met) has been tacitly supportive of the far-right when it comes to policing. This is one of the reasons BNP membership was banned for serving police officers. When an ordinary police officer is asked to police an EDL protest what they see is very similar to what they see when they police trouble at football matches -a bunch of boozed up blokes swearing, shouting and fighting and they police accordingly.

By the way Frank, are you still going to march with them in the incredibly unlikely event that they target Sheffield for one of their protests?

John X

I don't think those EDL supporters who would like to know the whereabouts of the £160,000 raised by selling EDL merchandise would agree with you.

While on the subject of the 'two tier' justice system, what people need to remember is that most EDL convictions are for drunkeness, assault and affray.

Claiming that they are picked on unfairly because there aren't the same number of arrests among 'the left'* and 'muslims' is a bit silly as 'the left' and 'muslims' don't make a habit of getting drunk and getting involved in fights.

They also complain about the number of ASBOs their supporters are served with, saying that they are being used 'politically' to prevent EDL activity. They are treated no differently to anyone else who partakes in anti-social activity. That's what ASBOs are for! :rolleyes:

John X

* using a term like 'the left' is interesting, considering the organisation claims to be politically neutral.

I don't support, the supporters, but the principles of the organisation...

Obviously, otherwise he would have nothing to do with the Extremely Dense Lunatics.

No. Just laughing at the bigots, nothing to do with people's intelligence

Just going back to this video.....watching it again it's clearly a set up of SOME sort at least.

They use him to create a sense that everyone in the march was a rabid bunch of zombies!!

"People are angry, but THEY can't explain why."

And then they cut to that "poor lad". They are obviously trying to slant things, so I would go as far to say he himself was probably a plant.

He's almost like that Devvo chap people thought was real for a while.

I don't support, the supporters, but the principles of the organisation...

Back peddling now!

First you supported the EDL as an organisation and said you would march with them if they threatened to come to Sheffield. When I pointed out that most of their supporters were a bunch of drunken, racist louts you then said you still supported the leadership and what was said on their website. When I pointed out that the leadership was made up of convicted drunken racist louts you then said you support the principles of the organisation.

Not much left, is there? :D

John X

P.S. Does my signature still 'trouble' you?

Just going back to this video.....watching it again it's clearly a set up of SOME sort at least.

They use him to create a sense that everyone in the march was a rabid bunch of zombies!!

"People are angry, but THEY can't explain why."

And then they cut to that "poor lad". They are obviously trying to slant things, so I would go as far to say he himself was probably a plant.

He's almost like that Devvo chap people thought was real for a while.

If it makes you feel better believe then go ahead, but most people understand the situation for what it is.

I quite like this remix, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXlZeFY7FE&feature=related

It still troubles me! And the fact you're waving it in Frank's face kinda reinforces my old suspicions about it.

I'm 'waving it in Frank's face' because he was the first of a small number of people on here to take offence at it. He also tried to lie about what the signature actually said and when challenged, kept conveniently quiet.

What are your old suspicions about it by the way?

John X

I'm 'waving it in Frank's face' because he was the first of a small number of people on here to take offence at it. He also tried to lie about what the signature actually said and when challenged, kept conveniently quiet.

What are your old suspicions about it by the way?

John X

I think we covered this to death on a thread that eventually got deleted when you and two other guys had a bit of an episode.

I suspect that you are using it to bolster your own side of the immigration argument, and to make people on the other side think that their views are "evil" because you are linking them with an atrocity. Not pleasant, in my opinion. But again, I don't think we can add any more to that argument, and if you have forgotten what we said before then fair enough.

If it makes you feel better believe then go ahead, but most people understand the situation for what it is.

I quite like this remix, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXlZeFY7FE&feature=related

They did quite a job with that remix.

It doesn't make me feel better at all!!! And I know there are some very backward drunk youths who will tag along with the EDL for a punch up.

That particular youth and the report he is on, however, seem very odd.

Either he is not very well, has got drunk and been given a script to read, or is staged. And if it is the first one, the article is using him to think everyone there was like him!

Doesn't make the UK look very good does it, on an international broadcast from an Iranian owned company?

Archived