God/gods god/gods

Is the argument that he doesn't exist centered around the fact that if he did he could not have created the universe or that if he was all he's cracked up to be, he surely would have intervened by now and sorted us out with a warning not to do it again?

or...

Is it to show that any faith people have is misguided?

Is the argument that he doesn't exist centered around the fact that if he did he could not have created the universe or that if he was all he's cracked up to be, he surely would have intervened by now and sorted us out with a warning not to do it again?

or...

Is it to show that any faith people have is misguided?

I don't think atheists have much of an argument and that all the time science is proving the Bible to be correct. For example according to Darwin creation "came about by bottom-up emergence, not top-down dirigisme" and this is what the Bible says about man being created from the ground.

For me personally my faith has been replaced by evidence.

The argument that he doesn't exist does not have to be made. There is no reason to assume his existence unless something cannot be explained without him.

For example according to Darwin creation "came about by bottom-up emergence, not top-down dirigisme" and this is what the Bible says about man being created from the ground.

But Darwin does not say man was created from the ground. Nor does anything else in science; in fact we're absolutely certain that man was not created from the ground.

Well it's good to see that you are now accepting the fact of evolution, despite it going against the two, entirely contradictory, accounts of creation in Genesis.

I have never known the world stand still and that is what the creation account describes, beginning from the bottom and ending with the highest order of species.

I have never known the world stand still and that is what the creation account describes, beginning from the bottom and ending with the highest order of species.

'Ending' being the operative word here. Is it written that we will bring about our own demise?

'Ending' being the operative word here. Is it written that we will bring about our own demise?

It isn’t something I have studied, I prefer to let events take their course but my understanding is that firstly believers will be taken out in the rapture, then there will be a battle in the Holy Land in which all the world leaders are involved which seems feasible somewhere near "Megiddo" wherever that is and my understanding is that the earth will be destroyed probably in some sort of fiery furnace (nuclear war?) that we think of as Hell which will be for all eternity.

It seems like a possibility?

Archived