God/gods god/gods

Just in case Flamming Jimmy butts in, I am not advocating the 'appeal to the people' fallacy or as he likes to point out, the correct term being argumentum ad populum

Yes you are, you just don't understand it. And who are you trying to impress with this 'the correct term being 'argumentum ad populum' nonsense as if you're correcting me? That's exactly what I said, I didn't say 'appeal to the people' that' retarded. You read it from my post you fool!

No. You need to provide proof as it is you that is making the claim.

We have proof that the person, Joshua Bar Joseph, probably existed.

We don't have proof he was divine, and from his "quotes", he never claimed divinity for himself.

Someone said this in the quote above and I replied that Jesus said to the woman at the well that he was the promised Messiah (he that is called Christ). It is there in black and white. Now you can believe whatever it is you want to believe but you need to allow the same for other people. Some follow Muhammad or someone else and I follow Jesus. You need to accept that and not try to force your views onto other people. It is only dictators who do that and I am sure you don't want to be thought of in that way. It is a free society and people are free to believe as they see fit and you need to get used to it and the more you post and argue the more distressed you will become, so why don't you learn to chill out because it will do you the world of good.

After all you did say "I can only speak for myself, but I'm not angry. It's only god and the internet after all , neither of which matter much really."

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7764270&postcount=176

It is a free society and people are free to believe as they see fit, now get used to it.

That statement would be easier to swallow coming from someone who did not, constantly and repeatedly, try to force his own beliefs on everyone else by claiming that they are provable facts rather than merely beliefs.

That statement would be easier to swallow coming from someone who did not, constantly and repeatedly, try to force his own beliefs on everyone else by claiming that they are provable facts rather than merely beliefs.

That would be alright if people didn't (a) ask for proof as that chap just had, and (b) respond as you just have.

That would be alright if people didn't (a) ask for proof as that chap just had

If you care to peruse the thread a little more accurately, you'll recall that you were the first person to start demanding proof of things - and with far less valid reason to do so than anyone else has had.

If you care to peruse the thread a little more accurately, you'll recall that you were the first person to start demanding proof of things - and with far less valid reason to do so than anyone else has had.

I don't recall, perhaps you would be good enough to show me, not forgetting that people constantly ask for proof of everything religious, it seems to be a troll like response, so if the goose can do it so can the gander, everything is so one sided here and biased towards the atheist. :mad:

I think the underdog has the right to fight back and not be criticized for it which you did within seconds of posting.

It's no more a troll like response than your asking constantly for people to disprove God Graeme.

Things here are biased towards the truth because that is how the world works. IF it makes you happier to label the truth as atheism that's fine by me.

I don't recall, perhaps you would be good enough to show me, not forgetting that people constantly ask for proof of everything religious, it seems to be a troll like response, so if the goose can do it so can the gander

Indeed he can. You are welcome to ask for proof that the Universe exists. I can provide it by telling you to open your eyes and look around you.

What you are not permitted to do is ask for proof that your own claims are false. If you want to claim the existence of a deity, you have to supply evidence in favour of that claim, otherwise there is no reason for anyone to accept it. That is just as true for the Christian God as it is for the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Indeed he can. You are welcome to ask for proof that the Universe exists. I can provide it by telling you to open your eyes and look around you.

What you are not permitted to do is ask for proof that your own claims are false. If you want to claim the existence of a deity, you have to supply evidence in favour of that claim, otherwise there is no reason for anyone to accept it. That is just as true for the Christian God as it is for the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You need to back up what you say. Saying there is no God begs the question.

Archived