God/gods god/gods

Because the end product of people beleiving in God means a larger than desired dose of misery, bigotry, hatred and intolerance?

Shame that so many of his followers indulge in it then.

No - you perceive the atheist response as aggression - that's because you appear to perceive anyone who disagrees with you as being aggressive.

Okay, so that proves you're prejudiced.

whats your problem ? do you really think you are doing christianity any favours, spouting off like you do. thank goodness all christians arn't like you. ....you are really coming across as so preachy and self-rightious.is it neccessary.if you feel you are on some mission to evangalise.you are doomed to failure with your attitude.

It is aggressive, every single post.

The whole essence of a debate is to seek out the truth, I only wish atheists were as keen to do that as they are to deny and belittle everything to do with the subject.

I'm quite happy to seek for the truth - that's what scientists and engineers do after all.

There is no proof of God. Sorry but that's the way it is. If you want to claim otherwise you will have to provide some pretty convincing proof.

whats your problem ? do you really think you are doing christianity any favours, spouting off like you do. thank goodness all christians arn't like you. ....you are really coming across as so preachy and self-rightious.is it neccessary.if you feel you are on some mission to evangalise.you are doomed to failure with your attitude.

This has been said before, by myself and other Christians. Yes there are some aggressive atheists as much as there are aggressive theists. Then there's Grahame/Agbus.

I for one would like to have an intelligent and polite discussion with people of faith, not even a debate, just a discussion.

It is aggressive, every single post.

1) Obelix isn't all atheists.

2) I can't speak for Obelix, but I expect any aggression in his posts has developed from having to put up with your arrogance, ignorance and avoidance of his questions.

Convince me you are not using this forum to propagate your own anti-Christian views.

Stop being so aggressive!

For myself I do not like people who discredit, insult, distort, misquote and are intolerant of something that I cherish.

Stop being so aggressive!

I could go on but the point is made...

The thing is Grahame - I'd don't tell you how to live your life. Beleive in your God if you wish, that's fine by me. The moment you start telling me how to live my life and interfere in it is the point you cross the line, and when you are "aggressive" like that I'll tell you politely to get lost.

If you continue - I'll be more forceful.

I'm quite happy to seek for the truth - that's what scientists and engineers do after all.

There is no proof of God. Sorry but that's the way it is. If you want to claim otherwise you will have to provide some pretty convincing proof.

That is your view. I have shown evidence from real life how Christianity changes people for the better, but instead of taking note you continue to belittle it. What is your defense?

This has been said before, by myself and other Christians. Yes there are some aggressive atheists as much as there are aggressive theists. Then there's Grahame/Agbus.

Darn right.

MrSmith is I think from reading his posts nominally a Christian? (correct me if I'm wrong here MrSmith). I'd probably have an interesting and stimulating debate with him about God/Jehovah/Allah or whatever flavour he follows for the simple reason that we would both respect each others viewpoints.

GrAgbus on the other hand just goes off halfcocked and when people won't listen he ultimately "ignores" them. You cannot debate with soemone like that.

That is your view. I have shown evidence from real life how Christianity changes people for the better, but instead of taking note you continue to belittle it. What is your defense?

That I think Christianity is complete balls and I am doing quite happily without it.

(you did ask. I'm fairly certain that you won't like the short answer above - if it offended you please don't ask for the long in depth answer)

That I think Christianity is complete balls and I am doing quite happily without it.

(you did ask. I'm fairly certain that you won't like the short answer above - if it offended you please don't ask for the long in depth answer)

So you deny peoples personal testimonies and the witness of those who have known them. These are well known people who testify to the saving grace of Jesus and whose lives have been completely turned around and you call it a load of balls!

We need :help: here.

To me it's a variation of a belief system which can help some people but is easily open to abuse for control of others. As for the believability of it, the book it is based on literally makes no sense, taken word for word. You can interpret it to make sense, but then you are believing in your OWN version of it (essentially believing your own story).

Archived