God/gods god/gods

Getting back on topic MrSmith I note that earlier you said you were originally Christian but are now an atheist? Appreciate it's a little forward of me but would you care to say what led you to that? (or tell me to sod off and I'll apologise for my monstrous impertinence)

It's merely asking a question Grahame - if you cannot cope with a mere question perhaps it's best you leave.

As for argumentative posts I could reference yours let's see..

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=8115353&postcount=26

and

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=8118069&postcount=52

for example.

So why do you feel the need to be so argumentative and abusive about scientists Grahame?

That's me who posted that so I can answer it.

Firstly science is not Christianity so why people link the two I cannot imagine. Mind you I do think from some of the posts that science is a religion for many atheists. Having said that science is about material things while Christianity is about people and they are two different disciplines.

But the answer to your question is because aggressive people such as come on here dictating and giving out their orders, not to mention getting things totally wrong and then rubbishing something I hold precious puts me in a bad mood, and is it any wonder.

I am beginning to think that this forum is bad for peoples well-being.

Getting back on topic MrSmith I note that earlier you said you were originally Christian but are now an atheist? Appreciate it's a little forward of me but would you care to say what led you to that? (or tell me to sod off and I'll apologise for my monstrous impertinence)

I don’t think looking back I could have ever been Christian even though I had religious parents, went to church and was confirmed a Christian. This all happened as a child and I was always the odd one out asking questions they couldn’t answer. The God I was told about isn’t possible so when I could say no to going to church I stopped.

Why have you suddenly started with the "I wonder who this Grahame chap is" routine after so long?

So his last post was in April.

When was the account closed, do you know?

It's right there in Mr.Smith's post:

Grahame

Account Closed

Last Activity: 22-09-2011 21:58

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=11641

Agbus

You closed your account as Grahame the day before you rejoined as Agbus.

It REALLY doesn't matter you know, as far as I'm concerned if you closed Grahame's account then you only have one account anyway, which is perfectly within TOS, I think. The only problem for you lies within your own morals with regards to my last post. I wouldn't think any worse of you either way, you're only human like the rest of us.

EDIT: (By the way, this is another thing you've accused me of lying about, the account info, note how I don't demand an apology from you?)

That's me who posted that so I can answer it.

Firstly science is not Christianity so why people link the two I cannot imagine.

OK I'll save that little quote for the next time you do link the two - be good and remember I've got that tucked away.

Mind you I do think from some of the posts that science is a religion for many atheists.

Oh nuts, he's just treated sceince as a religion... there's no hope...

Science is about provable stuff

Religion is about unprovable stuff

The difference on the gross level is easy enough for anybody.

Having said that science is about material things

What's material about a differential equation?

while Christianity is about people

People are no longer material? We are all ghosts?

and they are two different disciplines.

No they are not - that would imply that both are disciplines and are related which they are not.

But the answer to your question is because aggressive people such as come on here dictating and giving out their orders,

May I suggest you stop with your orders and adminishments on how I live my life then

not to mention getting things totally wrong and then rubbishing something I hold precious puts me in a bad mood, and is it any wonder.

I suggest Zen - it's good for deep breathing and staying calm. I'm certain your god won't find it objectionable.

I am beginning to think that this forum is bad for peoples well-being.

It's taken you that long to figure it out?

Why have you suddenly started with the "I wonder who this Grahame chap is" routine after so long?

It's right there in Mr.Smith's post:

You closed your account as Grahame the day before you rejoined as Agbus.

It REALLY doesn't matter you know, as far as I'm concerned if you closed Grahame's account then you only have one account anyway, which is perfectly within TOS, I think. The only problem for you lies within your own morals with regards to my last post. I wouldn't think any worse of you either way, you're only human like the rest of us.

I can tell you categorically I did no such thing.

OK I'll save that little quote for the next time you do link the two - be good and remember I've got that tucked away.

Christianity has nothing to do with science but people do compare the Bible with science, I see it often on other forums, people are comparing one book with other books. Christianity is about people and their relationship with others, rather than with material physical things. Please try to understand.

Archived