God/gods god/gods

That whole hypothetical thread of yours about Satan.

So for questioning the origins for thinking Satan (the being) is evil, I deserve to be shot?

EDIT: By the way, there still hasn't been a reason put forward on that thread other than things like your own comment of "he just is".

Then as an atheist why don't you do that.

As a Muslim, who was formerly a Christian, raised with a fervently atheist father, I see absolutely no reason why anyone should not discuss any religion/ belief system/ moral code with others, nor why it should be any kind of a threat to reasonably discuss anothers' belief with them.

So for questioning the origins for thinking Satan (the being) is evil, I deserve to be shot?

EDIT: By the way, there still hasn't been a reason put forward on that thread other than things like your own comment of "he just is".

Your edit says it all. You appear to think that Satan is good and if you go round spreading that message and children are influenced by it and start doing things they shouldn't then you haven't done anyone any favours. :mad:

We do have a responsibility towards others you know and it is up to us to set a good example both in deed and word.

Your edit says it all. You appear to think that Satan is good and if you go round spreading that message and children are influenced by it and start doing things they shouldn't then you haven't done anyone any favours. :mad:

We do have a responsibility towards others you know and it is up to us to set a good example both in deed and word.

Asking WHY? is NOT the same as saying that Satan is GOOD.

You should be revising your own morals here Grahame/Agbus, you think that people who ask WHY? deserve to be shot. I'm sure that if a Muslim made such a comment it would be reported by many.

I would say more people have been killed in the name of God than in the name of Satan, Christians have killed more people that Satan worshipers have killed.

So we should also stop teaching people about God. Knowing God hasn’t turned you into a nice person.

but your "he just is" doesn't work, as RB said...

let's extrapolate that:-

"Let's kill everyone with brown eyes!"

"Why?"

"Because they are evil!"

"Who said so?"

"No-one, they just are!"

(the above comment is with thanks to Jane Elliot {1968} )

Archived