God/gods god/gods

As a Muslim, who was formerly a Christian, raised with a fervently atheist father, I see absolutely no reason why anyone should not discuss any religion/ belief system/ moral code with others, nor why it should be any kind of a threat to reasonably discuss anothers' belief with them.

It depends who you are debating with and in what direction the debate goes, for example I wouldn't want to debate Christianity or even morality with someone like Hitler, as I said to RB we need to be like role models in the media and we should be thinking about putting forward a good message. I think as adults this is our responsibility. :)

It depends who you are debating with and in what direction the debate goes, for example I wouldn't want to debate Christianity or even morality with someone like Hitler, as I said to RB we need to be like role models in the media and we should be thinking about putting forward a good message. I think as adults this is our responsibility. :)

You just said I should be shot for asking questions about the bible and you think you're a role model? :o

I would say more people have been killed in the name of God than in the name of Satan, Christians have killed more people that Satan worshipers have killed.

So we should also stop teaching people about God. Knowing God hasn’t turned you into a nice person.

As Christians or at least those of us who practice CHRISTianity we should do as Jesus said which is to love our neighbour and certainly not to kill anyone.

That's the name of the game and those are the rules. A soccer player who plays with an oval ball and picks it up isn't a soccer player and neither is a Christian a Christian if he goes out killing people. It just ain't Christianity.

It's a matter of faith. People choose or choose not to believe.

no actual proof he's alive or ever has been alive. it’s been create to give people a direction in life, nothing else

perhaps there is a god, but not as we know it. very strange how were alive on this planet and there's no other beings in the multibillion universes ??

funny how nothing massive was built before the inkers (that’s not how you spell it) or the Egyptians, lots of drawing of other beings everywhere in the ancients, but again no actual proof of anything

or is there proof but the new world order are not telling us about it? Biggest point is why the United nations were created!!

O I love this thread ha-ha

but your "he just is" doesn't work, as RB said...

let's extrapolate that:-

"Let's kill everyone with brown eyes!"

"Why?"

"Because they are evil!"

"Who said so?"

"No-one, they just are!"

(the above comment is with thanks to Jane Elliot {1968} )

That's silly, evil is as evil does and satan does evil..

As Christians or at least those of us who practice CHRISTianity we should do as Jesus said which is to love our neighbour and certainly not to kill anyone.

That's the name of the game and those are the rules. A soccer player who plays with an oval ball and picks it up isn't a soccer player and neither is a Christian a Christian if he goes out killing people. It just ain't Christianity.

...but you just said I should be shot

Archived