God/gods god/gods

Because it's emotianally and financially harmful to everyone I've ever known who gets involved with it, and if you are a choirboy who looks a little too angelic it's probably quite physically challenging as well...

That isn't Christianity though is it. Jesus said to give to the poor and look after children and you know what the Bible says about sexual sin.

Sorry, you have the wrong idea about Christianity.

I think you have an unnecessarily rose tinted view of what christianity actually is these days, or did such things like the RC priests, Waco, Jonestown etc all wash you by to pick some of the more extreme examples.

Christianity is doing what Jesus said to do. Jesus never said to do the things those people did.

That isn't Christianity though is it. Jesus said to give to the poor and look after children and you know what the Bible says about sexual sin.

I don't need the Bible to preach to me about what constitutes sexual sin. That's between me and my conscience and certainly has nothing to do with a book full of prejudice and misogyny with a message that's entirely inappropriate for this millennium.

I don't need the Bible to preach to me about what constitutes sexual sin. That's between me and my conscience and certainly has nothing to do with a book full of prejudice and misogyny with a message that's entirely inappropriate for this millennium.

As long as you don't say that what you do (whatever it is) is Christian.

Christianity is doing what Jesus said to do. Jesus never said to do the things those people did.

Yet all those things were done and are recognised as "Christianity"

Your perfect christian who never does wrong is a myth and doesn't exist.

If they did exist they would be free of sin, so it begs the question why do they then need a god to save them?

Ergo they sin, ergo christianity is always going to have some bad people in it regardless of how much you protest otherwise.

Archived